Saturday, February 25, 2023

matchmaker, matchmaker, catch me a catch

... not a catfish, mind you. No one needs those in their life!

"Unless they're fried and all you can eat, right?"

LOL! But of course! That's how my Daddy always liked them! But I wasn't talking about the slippery water denizen, but the creepy crawlie that preys on the unsuspecting and trusting users of dating sites.

"You doing that again?" 

Nope! Not that it was a bad experience that I had with Harry. That's probably in large part because I'd chosen to use eHarmony. I was impressed with the battery of questionnaires they had me fill out before matching me up. At the time, I was "keeping a green tree in my heart so a singing bird would come," to paraphrase the Chinese saying.

"Those were two good years y'all had together."

That's true. But he was looking for someone to share forever, and, although I had thought that was what I wanted, I realized I was not yet ready to do that. Remember? It took me ten years after my first divorce to want to make another commitment. I still don't think I'm wanting to do that.

"Maybe you should give that website another try?"

No, I don't think so. The three women I encouraged to use it -Bunny, Yvonne, and Penny - are still married to the men they met through it while I was dating the man from Charleston, so I know it's a valid method of meeting someone. I'm just not sure I want to be part of a couple, to have that responsibility for another... and how did I end up talking about this?

"You brought it up in the post title."

Oh, snap. I guess someone could take it that way...

".. and then you started in on dating sites with eels..."

... I did not. it was about catfish...

"... and here we are, still not on topic about the musical tonight."

Ah. Yes. That was the original point.

"Yes."

It was a lot of fun, too!!! One of the things about Asbury's God On Broadway series of sermons is that they get me all fired up to see a musical... and just getting a few songs instead. "Fiddler On The Roof" was one from a few years back. I'm so glad someone local finally picked up on the need for folks to see it!

"You mean, folks like you?"

Hey, I mean folks like everyone!!! I'm so glad that mi amiga Barbara spotted news of this performance in her emails! She's the one to thank for hearing about the production from Savannah Country Day School.

"Good for her! I guess she has students there that she tutors... wait a minute! That photo isn't from the theatre! That's Bill's painting in the background!"

Excuse you, Bill is the artist, but that's my "Ocean, Tumultuous", thank you very much. I had to wait until I returned home to take the photo of the program. This was one of those rare occasions when I was sans cellular. So, no photo of the stage and the special thanks of the senior high school students to D J Queenan, their retiring drama coach. No photo, either, of mi amigas Barbara and Sandy, joined by Kaye on this Saturday evening. 

"How very nice that she was able to be there!"

Yes, that's why we chose this night. Fridays are too hectic for Kaye to get away from work in time, and she does so love theater! We'll all be going again next Saturday to a different show! Who knows, maybe there will be another play after that, too!

"That would be very nice!"

It will! The theatre world is really getting busy right now. Plus, I saw so many others that I know from that scene! JoJo Ward, Travis Cole, Erin Muller, David Poole, even Gloria Rigsbee, the ticket manager at SavChTh who always knows my name! Oh, and Kathy and Preston Hodges of Asbury were there, too! And there was a fellow who kept catching my eye, but he didn't even come up to speak. Maybe he was a former student?

"Possibly. You certainly taught long enough to have students who now have teenagers that attend that school."

For real. (smile!) Now, I've found a Nicolas Cage movie, "Guarding Tess," and I'm going to settle back and enjoy that. I am so looking forward to his new one in April! And he'll be in it with my other favorite, Nicholas Hoult! C'mon, "Renfield"!!!

"Oh, yes!!! Nicolas of the dreamy eyes, ever since "Valley Girl" in 1983!!! Plus Nicholas the romantic zombie of 2013's "Warm Bodies", both together!!! WOW!!!"

Hard to believe I've loved one for four decades and the other for almost a decade. Okay, later! Gotta bounce! Movie's starting!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I watched the Oscars, then checked out their "in memoriam" site.

Chaim Topol, the man who set the bar as Tevye in "Fiddler On The Roof" died on March 8 of this year.
So, just a few days ago.
He was 87.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaim_Topol