Tuesday, October 18, 2022

do tortillas cry with perfect pitch?

Admittedly, I have not yet tried to make my own tortillas, so I can't say.
 
When I watched Maria Mazon make tortillas about a month ago, I did hear hers whimper and mewl a bit, which was pretty darned amazing.
 
However, as I don't know in what key they were to do so, I can't say if their pitch was perfect or not.
 
There she is, on the right, with Jamie Miles, the host of every one of these Xfinity Reward ZOOM sessions, including this one on September 20th.
 
I think there were about sixty attendees that Tuesday evening.
Bravo's "Top Chef" isn't a program I get to watch, as I don't have that channel, so I had jumped at the chance to see an actual contestant plying her trade.
 
She was there in 2020, during the start of the pandemic, stranded in Portland away from her family, her electronics, and even her phone for two months during the taping of that season.
 
I asked her "Do you ever make any of the recipes you made on Top Chef? Which is your family's favorite?

She replied that she had liked one of the dishes, but had not yet turned it into something on the menu at her restaurant.

Another person asked her if she had any kosher dishes at her place.

She didn't know what was meant by "kosher", so I had quickly typed into the chat: "no meat with dairy"... 
and Jamie had read aloud "Faustina says that means no meat with dairy"!!!

YES!!! I do believe that man loves my name!

At every one of these events, he'll always read one of my chats aloud, prefacing by saying my name and trying to get me to talk on the ZOOM.

Very nice!!!

So, why am I talking about this almost a month after the event?

Well, one of the things the contestants got to do while they were holed up without their families and phones was watch movies.

And her favorite? The one she requested over and over?

"Pitch Perfect"!!!

I love that movie, too!

So, I treated myself to it with brunch today, courtesy of Xfinity Rewards!

Instead of having to rent it for $3.99, I got it for only a dollar.

They gave me two "$1 Movie Nights" last month and I'd splurged for a third, watching "Working Girl", "A Fish Called Wanda", and "After Hours".

What a definite treat!

And as I was enjoying this musical film, occasionally inspired to get up and dance, I realized that I knew one of the Treble-makers.

That guy in the blue shirt?

That's the tech-head Mouse from "Free Guy"!

And see the fellow on the left?

The one clad in a numbered vest and a hoodie?

That's definitely the innkeeper of "Ghosts"!
 
(Whose wife on the show was the star of "iZombie"!)

And see that energetic fellow in the red?
 
The one rapping into the microphone for all he's worth?
 
That's the 28-year-old Utkarsh Ambudkar, portraying a college student who was part of the award-winning a cappella group in this movie.

Wow.

He was born the same year as my first niece, so he'll be turning 40 next year, in December.

I'll be watching to see where else he shows up!

(smile!)

No comments: