Wednesday, May 31, 2017

he's gotta be strong...


On this final day of the Faustina Film Festival, I went in search of a hero, again.
This time, I followed the advice of Bonnie Tyler.
In other words, 1984's "I Need A Hero" (from the dance movie, "Footloose") came into play.

"I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!
Larger than life"


Where better to find such a hero than on the silver screen?
Find him I did! All day long!

The first hero was definitely strong!
Newt Scamander was able to wrestle huge animals,
including dragons, into the space
of a large briefcase!
Screened at the Tybee Post Theater, "Fantastic Beasts
And Where To Find Them
" was every bit
as delightful and magical this time as when
I first saw it with Kevin last November 22nd.
As I wrote in my journal, it was
"such a luscious movie!
beautiful and wise and romantic!"

Why was Newt a hero?
He was saving these endangered and rare beasts from extinction.
I strive to do so also.
That's why I support the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, among other eco-friendly groups.
As he makes clear in this movie, saving one at a time is very much a worthy quest!
(smile)

i thank You, God, for the ability to help other creatures on Earth.

No comments: