Monday, January 16, 2023

hou to you, too!

That's pronounced "hoo", by the way, not "how"!
That's part of the sense of humor on the menu at Houlihan's.
Nice, eh?
I was trying to find me and my first niece a new place to dine and that restaurant is one she has never been to - perfect!
I've been to Houlihan's before but it was long ago and it was far away...
but it was not any better than it was today, to paraphrase Meat Loaf!
By the way, meatloaf was on the menu, but neither of us had it.
(smile!)
All I remember about my prior experience, which was in Orlando while I was attending CTM "A" School, post boot camp, was one thing: it's where I had my first Hurricane.
That was back in 1977, so... we decided that didn't count as it was before she was born.
(smile!)
Speaking of her, there she is!
A traffic jam had delayed her arrival, but we paid it no heed - it was ladies' luncheon, on a holiday Monday, and all was right with the world!
Hooray - or should that be "Houray"? - for MLK Day!
 
She ordered the All Day Fix, the three-course meal that includes dessert... because she never gets dessert for lunch, right?
Right!
I went "to Japan" instead.
Very good choice!
That Char Grilled Ahi was scrumpdiddlyitious... and pretty!
I just adore food that's prettier than it needs to be!!
And that side of chips and salsa was just perfect to mark this as a lunch date with Christina.
Why?
Because she and I usually go for Mexican!
 
Well, that is, when we aren't going Italian instead.
How nice to have a new place on our dining radar!
(smile!)
Wondering where "the littles" were?
Not with us!
Her mom was having some Grammy-time with them!
But I did get to see them after our meal.
We had just finished the super-rich dessert - some chocolate cake that she took half home - when Melinda came in.
Perfect timing!
The little blondes had Christmas gifts for me - new ornaments for my tree!
Chloe had picked out the white dove from the store, while Miyah chose the silvery-blue 'corn for me.
Plus, Miyah had made  the gumball machine for me!!!
And Christina had the huge snow-globe style ornament, with things "hidden" in the snow - different and fun!
All in all, a very wonderful way to pass a Monday afternoon!
Houray!!!
(smile!)

No comments: