Sunday, January 22, 2023

rabbit year and dog paws and a tulip tree, too

I have been waiting for today since the start of the week!
That's when I realized I had another opportunity to send lots of love in the mail.
The last time I did that - I mean, really, truly, did that, with no holiday in sight - had been back in October.
Inspiration came in the form of a Reward from Comcast: activity pages to help celebrate the Chinese New Year.
Okay, how best to to this without running through gobs of toner?
Well, I would pick two pages to copy for each child - 
yeah, that would work!
Everyone would get the second page, with its tidbits of info.
The very youngest children - Leila, Alyssa, Miyah, and Chloe - would get the page to be colored (p5).
The oldest children - Caitlyn and Ally - would get Page 13 with words to be unscrambled, like Jumbles.
Then, the kids in between - Kobe and C J - would get the find-a-word puzzle page (p8).
Those went out on Wednesday, with the glasses-wearing rabbit in the upper left of the envelopes!
 
Yesterday, Christy sent me a text!
No, no, not about the Year of the Rabbit.
It was about Caitlyn's package for her 16th birthday... which was on December 30 but not mailed until Wednesday of this past week.
Yeah, that's not "late", it's "extending the celebration!"
(smile!
Well, it had arrived and my great-niece loved the purple T-shirt and sky-blue Koozie with the Renegade Paws logo on them!
Major score for me!
See? I do listen!
Then Christy had mentioned that they were going to the Open House for the new location of the animal shelter.
Oh, sweet, I could go there, too!
So, I had marked "going" on the fb event page and planned on it.
At 5 AM, the rains woke me, but I was able to go right back to bed.
When I arose at 9 AM, the rains remained.
So, a quick flurry of texts to confirm they were still going - yes, and for the whole afternoon.
I sent back that I would see them at 2 PM.
They left about 1:40, because of the crowd and the rain.
Drats.
I was in transit, so I didn't get the message until I was there.
Double drats.
But, that was okay.
The shelter needed towels and had asked that folks bring some.
I brought three of the ones that Bonnie Blue had given me years ago when she and Don redecorated the bathroom.
Yes, Virginia, there are people who do such things.
(smile!)
Then, as I was out and about anyway, I thought about treating myself to lunch.
Yeah, yeah, yeah... no, that would mean getting in and out of the car twice.
Well, maybe I would go ahead and see a movie.
Here it was Sunday and my A*List was not touched.
Yeah, yeah, yeah... but no, as none of the start times were working out for that venture.
Very well, then.
I still have soup at home, though the pantry is getting a bit empty these days.
That's actually a good thing, as I had spent far too much money buying groceries I hadn't needed.
Back to home I drove, water splish-splashing all around as cars zoomed past.
Back to my tulip tree, my Japanese magnolia, fuchsia-tinted blooms somehow even lovelier in the rain...
right where I needed to be.
Such a feeling of gratitude washed over me!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Lest anyone think that belated birthday gift to Caitlyn was a violation of my resolution, think again!
Her birthday was LAST YEAR, so it doesn't count as a broken rule.
Now, if I am late for her birthday this coming December, then, please, feel free to give me 20 lashes with a wet noodle.
(smile!)