Friday, January 6, 2023

on the twelfth day of Christmas...

... I went to see Doc Brown!

No, not Marty's friend from "Back To The Future", although this one is cool enough to like the reference.

He's my dermatologist at the Savannah VA.

He checked me over thoroughly with his magnifying glass and pronounced me good for another 6 months!

(smile!)

... I took down the Christmas card wreath.

In fact, I took down the cards on the dining room wall, too.

Starting over with a blank slate is the right thing to do.

That's the way it was at the start of last year, right?

And it's perfectly okay for it to be empty for a while -

I know there will be love in the mail soon enough.

... I got this new week's A*List off and running.

I went to "M3GAN", which turned out to be science fiction.

In fact, as I told Tom and Sean at the cinema, it's in the style of a 1970's, made-for-TV, science fiction movie, with no horror at all.

Of course I was familiar with that genre: I was a teen during that period!

(smile!)

... I dined on a repast from Monday's luncheon!

The spaghetti with meat sauce reminded me of how wonderful it had been to start the year with my first niece.

Yes, one of the good things about Olive Garden is getting a $6 meal to go for a ready-made dinner later.

Most have mozzarella, but not this one!

Christina even got that special deal for her family!

That's nice that we both got "seconds"!

... I watched a video that made me want to transfer more stuff out of the house.

Titled "Do I Need This?", the documentary started off with the daughter helping her parents pare down their belongings prior to a move to an assisted living area.

The mom had dementia and the downsize was needed for her.

Here's the thing: the daughter wanted to hold onto much of the stuff, but the mom and dad wanted to get rid of it.

The daughter and son ended up transferring a lot of boxes to their own homes, with much of it from their childhoods.

Evidently, the daughter had started a video log of this change in her parents' lives.

Two and a half years later, the mother had died from her dementia.

At some point after that, the daughter had crafted this movie, partly to speak out about the consumerism rife in this country, partly to being solace to her grief.

I'm glad AARP decided to bring this 2022 film to MFG for viewing.

Tomorrow, I start anew with discarding those items that do not bring me joy.

(smile)

No comments: