Monday, January 9, 2023

luncheon sister from midway!

Of course, before we could eat, we had to play a little game!

Checking on The King & I for some Thai?

Nope! It's still closed on Mondays.

How about the new Mexican place on Hodgson Memorial?

Nope! It's closed on Mondays, too.

What about John's hiney?

LOL! That's not it's name, g'friend!

The Japanese Korean place is Yo-Ha-Ne... and it was open!

New to me and to her, it turned out to be perfect.

Josie was in town for doc appointments, one of which was at Georgia Eye Institute.

And, you're not gonna believe why, but it's true... the vitreous layer has split with the retina.

Just like mine is doing!

And in her left eye, too!

So we talked about loss adjustment, having to switch to daytime-only gigs because driving at night is simply too dangerous with a distracting prism in one eye.

True story!

I'm so glad she took advantage of this medical trip to arrange a luncheon with me!

We had not been together since my drive to see her more than 2 years ago.

Here's hoping the next visit will be sooner than that.

She's gone through the ordeal of getting a patent, too, though she's done it several times.

I had forgotten about her Salsa Del Sol experience when she was still living in Alabama; that also dealt with having to meet food safety specs, then marketing in local grocery stores.

Now she's designed a bird feeder that she's calling Bird Buddy. She gave me one to test drive and report back on. It's still in the "patent pending" stage.

And just what is the real reason for this new device?

Well, she's bought five acres of land for the purpose of constructing a safe space, complete with several mini-houses, for returning veterans with fragile minds and spirits.

The sale of the bird feeders will go directly to Polaris, as the encampment will be called.

Very nice.

She's also writing a book of her travels to Ghana, both as a teen and for her birthday some few years back, to help with schools there.

She currently has Chris Soucy helping pull that together, among his many projects.

And what will that book finance but the school that's she's helped!

I'll have to keep up with her more often, won't I?

The Book of Face just isn't the place for that with its "touch and go" landing pad.

Nope!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Hey, bonus point time!

Did you catch the joke???

"Touch and go" describes the flight pattern for pilots trying to log in some air miles without having to go to some other destination.
They take off, make a few circles, then return to the tarmac briefly before launching back into the air for another run.

So, in honor of pilots, I made the post time "7:47"... get it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747

Triple bonus if you guessed that the number referred to something very special to me: the Swingline 747 stapler, in Rio Red, that I treated myself to when I was teaching full-time (2010 to 2013) and had my very own office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swingline

Yep, I still have that beauty, too.