Saturday, January 14, 2023

what is this, miami beach?

"You have another warm spell going on?"
 
I wish.
No, that quote from "Groundhog Day" leapt to mind, so I let it jump out!
"Ha ha. 
So, you're saying what, that "it's cold out there" this morning?"
 
Darn tootin', that's what I'm sayin'.
That's 43 at 11 AM, after dropping to 29 in the wee hours.
By comparison, it's fairly nice inside the house.
I can deal with 62.
I realized last week that the doors to the two small bedrooms were showing daylight, so I blocked them into darkness.
Now, no more cold air seeping into the hall!
I really should have seen that earlier.
 
"For sure.
Sometimes you're pretty slow for a Fastina."
(smile!)
 
Wow.
No one has called me that for many years.
Lizz hung that moniker on me, back in Okinawa.
Our inside joke, from the BAM to the WAVE.
Ah, yeah, good times, good times!
 
"So, what you got planned?"
 
Well, Monday is MLK Day, so Christina has claimed that time with me!
I don't know what we'll be doing, but the girls will be with her and that will be nice.
I made sure she understood that I love those little girls, so she needn't try to exclude them all the time, especially if it means less her & I time.
Speaking of that, she's hoping to take Friday the 27th off so we can have that very thing!
How super cool!!!
I've already put it on the kitchen cabinet, in waiting.
Good thing, too, as the bfe texted last night and he has me for the 26th!
There's a group doing "Eurydice" and he's invited me to see it... woohoo!!!
This will be the 2003 play, written by a woman and from the woman's perspective.
I'm really looking forward to it!
And on Saturday, the 28th, there will be Dawn's Soup Party!
Yes, indeed, ending the month with lots of good company!
 
"That all sounds very nice! 
But, what I meant was, what do you have planned for the day?" 

Staying warm and catching up.
That includes washing dishes, as every pot has now been used multiple times.
Plus, I'm out of my plastic glasses, so that means it's been 6 days.

"Okay, I'll let you get to it."

Oh, no rush... the dishes are accustomed to awaiting my leisure.
Right now, I'm going to finish watching this.
I had not realized that ME TV was running "The Wild Wild West"!
I occasionally tuned in after the Bugs Bunny cartoons, to watch James Garner in "Maverick", so what a pleasant surprise to find this in its stead.
I was only 7 years old when it started, and it ended after only 4 seasons.
Still, I remember watching it, captivated by the exploits of Jim West and Artemus Gordon...
and this animated title sequence added to the fascination for me.
Apparently, ME started it last Saturday, so I need to make a note to watch.
What fun to go with breakfast!
Speaking of that, I saw "Psych" on Thursday, after a bit of a lapse.
It was s4e7, "High Top Fade Out"... and featured Boyz II Men singing the theme song, both intro and outro, a cappella!!!
And guess what?
It was cowritten by James Roday!
That's "Shawn", y'all, and it even has him and "Gus" singing in the episode!!!
Yeah, I think I'll rerun that tomorrow...
maybe instead of watching this week's sermon.
We'll see.
(smile!)
 
"Well, that sounds like a plan, Stan.
I'm gonna beat feet, Meat!" 

Yeah, yeah, later, 'gator!


(smile!)

No comments: