Tuesday, January 10, 2023

boo in the prevening!

Ever have one of those days when you thought you were going somewhere but ended up driving around in a circle, right back to where you started?
Well, that's what I had today.
I guess it was akin to driving to Jacksonville via Macon!
(smile!)
Like that trip, this one was on a sunny day, with traffic moving nicely, so that was good.
I had thought I was off to the Royal Cinema for a bit of Nicholas Cage action (in his first Western!), and had mapped out a non-interstate route.
Yeah, you see where this is going, right?
I missed a turn somehow, but was still on a road that led to one on my route, so I went ahead and followed the instructions from that point... and found myself right back on DeRenne Avenue sixty minutes later.
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
Of course Barbara was the one who came to mind.
After all, she's the one I had invited on this escapade, but tutor duty called her instead.
Sure enough, when I texted about meeting for a late lunch, she responded!
So, here we were, at Jason's Deli again.
Good!
She likes it and so do I, so I guess this is unofficially "our" place.
(smile!
We were there at 4 PM, the official start of Sheldon's prevening time of day, so I suggested sitting in the front window to catch a bit of sun and warmth.
Perfect!
Then, as we got settled, me with my Zucchini Garden Pasta and her with her take-home salad bar, I couldn't resist snapping a quick shot...
and just look at how well it came out!
That's straight off my phone, no filters of any kind.
Just sure serendipity at play there, folks.
Right place, right time.
I couldn't have planned it any better.
Obviously!
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
What a wonderful time after my adventure in driving...
I ended up right where I was supposed to be.
(smile!)

No comments: