Saturday, January 21, 2023

code orange at bikini bottom!

I think I'll start at the end and work my way to the top of the day!

Here in my blog, if I want to run time backward, I can!

(smile!)

And, so, this is the bottom of the thread.

It was supper time and I was looking for something, anything, on the TV.

As there was naught, I turned to On Demand and pulled up the second episode of "Celebrity Jeopardy" from this season.

And there it was, fresh off the boat!

(Hey, that's an inside joke for one of the three comedians on the dais!)

"This TV show theme answers the question "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

All three knew the answer, but Iliza buzzed in first.

I knew the answer, too, and couldn't help but grin!

It may have been almost thirteen years since I'd last seen the kids' show, but I was fresh from the matinee at the Savannah Children's Theatre...

so I laughingly said, "Spongebob Squarepants!!!"

And here he is, embodied by JoJo Ward in "Nickelodeon The Spongebob Musical"!!!

Oh, my, he just gets better in every show, and he radiates beams of joy when he's singing and dancing...

which he does often and with great glee!!!

I'm so glad to have been able to watch him these last six years in so many roles!

Oh, and more recently, too, in the tale of a cat!

I do so love this kid and he always... always... remembers my name... always!

This time, I had nearly two and a half hours with him.

And, amazingly, all the kids in the audience stayed as excited as I was the entire time!!!

But they didn't get the joy of having bubbles rain down on them from Sandy's Erupter Interrupter - but I did!!!

I just loved all the science in the show - bravo, y'all!

I loved all the pirates in the show, too.

Here I am, mugging with Patchey the Pirate afterward!

Michael Rogers was elated to have his photo snapped, too!

I made sure I forwarded that pic to Yvonne...

we Armstrong Pirates have to stand together.... aarrrggghhh!!!

(smile!)

So, what's up with that post title, eh?

Well, Bikini Bottom is where all of these under-the-sea folks live in the play (as well as the source of some inside jokes for the grown-ups in the audience).

When a long-dormant volcano starts rumbling and getting ready to rain down lava, the mayor springs to action!

"Code Orange," she proclaimed, "Code Orange!"

Shades of the fundraiser concert for a blind boy that gave me some inspiration for my tactile periodic table!

All it took was a different perspective and a bit of imagination... just like what is needed to watch a broken TV.

Bugs Bunny - what a perfect way to start my Saturday!!!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Nice article about the musical!

https://www.connectsavannah.com/savannah/dive-into-the-adventures-of-spongebob-the-musical-at-savannah-childrens-theatre/Content?oid=19854182&fbclid=IwAR0JnQCAMd28qvMZvsmcaV9XAeVLatChEIu2pdE9vcZtij2a62hMPlB7rV4

Sure am thinking about seeing it again!