Wednesday, January 25, 2023

spending the day with ice skaters!

Who would have thought that I'd be graced to watch ice skaters twice today!
It all started with the Planet Fitness on Victory Drive.
I decided to give it a spin, since the one on Waters was rude to me when I went to restart my frozen membership on the 12th.
That was okay, as there's more than one Purple Planet in town!
So far, I've been quite pleased at this new locale.
(smile!)
So, today I had a New Member Orientation booked with Irving.
He took me around to all the equipment, pointing out the new ones as well as a few of the older models, making sure I knew the meaning of the different colors.
Very nice!
Then, after our half-hour, I bounced onto a treadmill for my 30 minute walk.
Given my gait, I start off at 1.5 mph, then ramp up to 2.0 mph by the first minute's end.
The place is full of TV's, but I prefer to listen to the music and "dance" as I walk.
Still, this time, when I glanced about between songs, I found an ice-skating show on.
Hooray!!!
That's my jam!!!
Even if I couldn't hear the songs the skaters were using, I could still enjoy their flow!!!
That made my workout pass quite quickly, too.
So, what to do next?

Well, Kristin was still in town and pretty much trapped at Amanda's, as the film professor would be teaching all day and night.
A quick text confirmed that Krisitin was hungry and would love to go to Jason's Deli!
Another quick text and Barbara agreed to meet us there - perfect!
So, that's what we three did, arriving there between meal times and before the rain.
Did I mention rain?
Yeah, it came as we dined, but was down to a steady drizzle by the time we left.
Good!
 
Then it was off to The Joint in Twelve Oaks to tend to Kristin's aches.
The rain was a bit harder, so I dropped her off, then bopped over to Publix for groceries.
I finished my guerilla raid on the store just as the doc set her to rights.
Perfect timing!
So I drove over to pick her up and return her to Amanda's, with a big reassuring hug before I left and Mama's soup for dinner.
Perfect!
 
By that time, it was close to 8 PM.
Anything on the telly worth watching?
Oh, look, it's the Celebrity fundraising version of "Name That Tune"!
That might be interesting, I thought.
And it was!!!
The first half had Johnny Weir (now 38 yo) and Tara Lipinski (now 40 yo)!!!
Ice skaters, of the Olympic variety!!!
Very nice, very nice!
What a wonderful world we live in!!!
And me, in the right place, right time, too.
i thank You, God.

No comments: