Wednesday, January 18, 2023

the rogue's orchid

him, addressing fb friends:  
This is my oldest orchid, I think I've had her 5 or 6 years now. 
She's bloomed every year I've had her, even during a year of shameful neglect. 
I've long ago forgotten the name of the cultivar, but I call her "old faithful".

me:
Might that be the one I gave you? 
One of my students had given me an orchid and it had done well, but then my brown thumb caught up with it. 
You took it into your care and managed to get it to bloom again... I think.

him: 
It may be. 
I've had it for a while.

me: 
Looks gorgeous! 
Good work!

him:
Thanks!

me:
Okay, it wouldn't have been the one from my student, it had more purple in it.

me:
But, it could very well have been the one that Nami gave me
The timeline works, too.
 
him:
The purple one drowned one time when I was away.
I'm not sure about the other, though.
 
me:
It's lovely, no matter from whence it came.
 

No comments: