Thursday, November 16, 2023

3 nights in a row of no cooking for dinner!

Tina Tuesday found me with the physicist, dining at the Bonefish Grill!

The bfe says that he only goes there with me.

I guess we both really like the seafood!

I had the swordfish, a rare treat, while he had mahi.

That's pumpkin ravioli, part of the special, and they were especially good, tasting more like butternut squash instead of pumpkin pie.

I told him about my three fish deal at Carey the H and he got a kick out of it!

But I think he's ready for a change of pace.

We were talking about lucid dreams and his desire to have them.

I suggested he try pepperoni pizza, as I almost always have those bigger-than-life dreams after I have that for dinner.

He thought maybe pizza would be our next outing, now that he knows it's my favorite food.

That sounds mega-fine to me!

He had a list of two movies he wants to see, too, so pizza and a movie would be a mighty fine time!

Next was Wednesday Night Supper, the last WNS of the year and Asbury Memorial made it memorable: an early Thanksgiving for us!

I was with Kathleen, Beverly, and Jo Poston again, as well as Susan Daggett - nice!

I truly am going to miss these meals with these women, as well as others I've met, but we'll dine again at the church Christmas party on December 10, hopefully at the same table!

Oh, I polished off my A*List right before that.

I started with "The Marvels", the most girly superhero movie ever, complete with lots of not-so-cute kittens.

Next up was a second viewing of that musical, "Journey To Bethlehem", which I very nearly watched yet again... but I found out it was staying another week... hooray!!!

And I completed my trio with "Priscilla", which was not so good.

Let me just say this: I learned nothing of Elvis and too much about her.

Teenagers... jeez.

Tonight, I dined with American Legion Post 36 at Two Firsts.

This time, we had our usual seven, plus one more!

We also had barbeque with red rice, green beans, and lemon cake - quite colorful!

We didn't vote on anything, but we were informed about the changes that had been made to the proposed new NCO bar.

For starters, the bar was deemed too large after all, so about five feet are to be lopped off so it won't jut so far into the room.

Work on the floor will resume on December 5th, with all the old flooring in all areas - including our meeting room - to be removed and an easy-care slab coating to be installed.

About then, or perhaps the week before, the acoustic ceiling tiles in our meeting room are to be painted, after replacing those with water damage.

That's in preparation for it to become a ballroom and banquet hall to be rented out.

We had hoped that it would be ready for this holiday season, but hopefully it'll be earning its keep by this upcoming spring.

I know Post 36 and Post 500 would sure like that!

So far, it's been lots of money going out and nothing coming in.

Come on, y'all, let's get it done!

(smile!)

No comments: