Wednesday, November 1, 2023

my favorite wns for a chilly night

That's because of two factors: the food was Mexican and the theme was Dia De Los Muertos.

Wednesday had been overcast and cold all day long, having dipped into the thirties overnight.

I sent myself out to see "After Death", which will likely be my only A*List this week. Mostly I went because I knew Rev. Billy had hoped to take in the documentary and I could discuss it with him.

Afterward, though, I stopped by the GEICO office to sign a paper for my car insurance... and then had Randy try to find an address for Travelers for me.

He did me one better by getting Heather involved, as she is their homeowners liaison, so I walked out of there with the address for my rebuttal of the Nonrenewal notice.

It made me run late, though, for WNS.

By the time I arrived, Ruthie was getting her facial tattoo on and I hardly got seated with my food before she began her talk about the holiday from her homeland.

By that time, I'd been shocked three times by static electricity, due to the chill in the air.

Ack!!!

But by the time I left, I'd had good conversation with Cynthia about her dear Tristan, who would be 26 now, and my dear Willie and Christa and Bobbi.

I'd had good conversation with Susan about her dear Ron, for whom she brought Frito pie fixings.

I'd had good conversation with her 'handler', Kathleen, who kept complimenting me on the flower in my hair.

And when I got home, I had good conversation with Smitty, who referred me to Angi.com for a roofer.

Tomorrow will be warmer... and the stress over the house insurance will soon be done... and life will move on.

i thank You, God.

No comments: