Saturday, November 4, 2023

must be saturday, right?

How can I tell?

Bugs Bunny is on my TV on ME TV.

As I told Dood that's the way I know it's really Saturday, 'cause when you're retired every day is Saturday!

He got a chuckle out of that.

So, what was Tony doing at my house that early?

Well, he's a working man, so 9 AM is hardly early.

Today was painting day for the fascia.

No matter that it was still in the 50's upon his arrival.

He had dressed in four layers and by the time he made it from the right to the porch area, he had shucked one.

By the time he got to the left, he was down to two.

And see that paint bucket he's using?

It even has a little magnet to keep your brush within.

I'll have to look for one of those next time I paint.

As I told him, I use a gallon-size milk jug partly cut in half, with the top intact to keep the handle.

"Conch Shell" was a good match to the siding, too.

See how nicely that turned out?

I have to be sure to email that to Molly at Geico for Monday.

And look at this!

Well, it's maybe hard to tell, but see that hinge on the gate?

The pin has been out ever since the Sullivans got a new fence and their guy unbolted it to get through my yard to their side.

Tony fixed it in less than five minutes!!!

The gate SWINGS now... better than it ever did, too!

He even used his saws all tool to hew the big branches into smaller hunks for me.

Now, Tony is off to get ready to watch the Bulldogs go after the Tigers in today's football game.

As I told him, "I hope the right team wins!"

I do, too.

I've made my new stacks by the curb.

I even moved all the yard debris to the right side of the front yard for easier stacking later this week.

Now, to get yard debris off of me.

(smile!)

No comments: