Monday, November 20, 2023

monday = fun day!


Hooray for Thanksgiving week!
That meant the kids would be out of school this week... and so would the teachers!
When I contacted my first niece, a teacher, about getting together for a movie, she said yes!
Then, when she said her brother was also off, I contacted him and he said yes!
Hooray!!!
Then it was a matter of the tickets for that 11:30 AM screening of "Trolls Band Together".
As I had told each of them, I had been gifted three free tickets as a Comcast Reward.
Two were out and out free, as a prize for playing a "Which Troll Are You?" game.
(In case you're wondering, it said I'm Branch, the one voiced by Justin Timberlake.
I'm totally fine with that!)
I decided to have Fandango give me two Adult tickets with that prize.
Good choice!
Then I had a BOGO reward for that movie; that went toward two tickets for kids.
Sweet!
Total paid so far for the four tickets: $9.05.
Now, there were still two children that needed tickets, plus me.
My ticket was easy peasy, as the movie was at AMC 11 and this A*List just began.
This would be my first movie of the week!
Then I "cashed in" some reward bucks with AMC and "bought" two tickets for kids.
Sweet!
Seven tickets, for 3 adults and 4 children, for a total of just over 9 dollars - 
definitely right place, right time!
We all convened at the cinema within minutes of each other, too, so that was amazing!
Christina and I sat together, while Michael and the girls sat two rows farther up.
No sitting on the front row this time, as others had already taken those seats, but that was no never mind to us.
Nor was it an issue at the end of the movie, when it was time to dance!!!
Chloe led the way down to the front apron and was dancing up a storm!!!
Then I joined her, as did Miyah, but not the twins.
I guess I need to work on Alyssa and Leila a bit to get them into our routine!
(smile!)
I think some of those kids in the front two rows would have joined us if their teacher, or daycare leader, had allowed.
Maybe next time!
As for the movie, I do believe that was my favorite of the Trolls series.
I may even see it again some time!
(smile!)
But not this day.
Before we left the parking lot, I had the girls each choose a coloring book.
I had five total, bought as a set years ago, and I held them like giant cards, with their front covers facing me and the plain back jackets facing the four little blondes.
I let Alyssa choose first, as she is the oldest - though just by a few minutes - and then Leila took her turn, followed by Miyah and Chloe.
That left one for me!
But then something magical happened: they started looking through the books to see what pictures were in them and we all talked about the favorites we had!
Isn't that wonderful???
That's why I took this photo; I was just so enchanted with our connections over these pages that were left to our imaginations to enliven!
Yes, I definitely share blonde roots with these girls!
Now, we're off to Cici's for some pizza!
Woohoo!!!
(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

Two postscripts, so to speak!
First, Christina surprised me and bought my buffet!
Second, we were at the pizza parlor for almost two hours!!
That meant I had almost five hours today with the six of them!!!
What a blessing!!!

faustina said...

I just found the slip of paper on which I'd written the prices that I would have paid for our tickets to the movie.
Remember, I only paid $9.05, and that included tax.

The total would have run me $61.06, had I not had AMC rewards and Comcast/Fandango rewards to throw toward that ticket total.

The rewards, collectively, saved me $52.01.

i thank You, God.