Saturday, November 18, 2023

many thanks to jayme tinti of Savannah Stage Company!


Without you, mi amigas y yo would have missed out on "The Prom"!
Fortunately, I saw your post on fb.
"#TheatreInSavannah has something for everyone this weekend!
 
Looking for classic #musicaltheatre? The Savannah Theatre has got you! FiddlerOnTheRoof has been playing to packed houses all month!

If it’s a more modern musical you’re looking for, no worries, Savannah Arts Academy Theatre is on it! Go see students stand up for themselves and what they believe in, on stage and off in The Prom!

Speaking of contemporary pieces, Savannah Repertory Theatre has got a few tickets left for Lifespan of a Fact, but don’t sleep on it because they’re mostly sold out!

Or bring it back to where it all started, at a time where it’s never been more relevant! We’ll be out at Tybee Post Theater all weekend serving a twist on the classic Greek story of #Antigone!
"
 
What joy filled my heart at your words!
I had already seen the SavRepTh last weekend, and you had redeemed the last play on my 2023 Season Pass to see "Antigone" last night...
plus, I'd had double doses of "Fiddler On The Roof" already this year, first from Savannah Country Day School in February, then during God On Broadway last month at Asbury Memorial, so no desire to see that a third time...
but I'd heard naught about a production of "The Prom"...
and it was high on my list of plays I wanted to see!!!


So, I contacted Barbara justthatfast and she, in turn, contacted Sandy and Kaye, who all wanted to see it as much as I did...
and this was its final performance!!!
Fortunately, we all got tickets, so we also got to see their new performance center.
Very nice!
Plus, we were able to talk with some of the actors afterward!
They were thrilled to find that we weren't parents or grandparents or any kind of family to anyone associated with the musical.
Nope!
We were just ordinary Savannah locals familiar with the school, ordinary Savannah locals who love musicals and loved having this one fall into our laps for a Saturday night!
Believe me, I have the website bookmarked and will add it into my rotation of information sources for future outings.
They have several choral and dance performances next month and I hope to see all!
I especially want to see "The Nutcracker"... it feels like ages since I've been!

So, Jayme, thank you for making our night sparkle and shine!
(smile!)

No comments: