Tuesday, November 7, 2023

sure looks like a straight to me!

Not a bad hand to have for a Tina Tuesday, nope, not bad at all!
 
This was the odometer reading today:
 
2 3 1 5 0 4
 
Hmm... maybe I should have played those six numbers in a lottery draw?
 
Actually, there really isn't such a game to make use of them, so I'll simply marvel at the coincidence of having that mileage appear!
 
(smile!)
 
That was after a day spent in a groove, started in the sunroom.
I'd cleaned out my magazine basket and have been catching up on some back issues.
Like, seriously back issues, going back into the first year of the pandemic.
That was the issue with Bruce Springsteen talking about life and how the first thing he was going to do when life became real again was go to his favorite place for an ice cream.
I remember feeling that same way, longing for a breath of normalcy, during that fall of 2020.
How do I know when he had longed for a summertime cone?
The AARP Magazine was dated then.
Today, I had moved on the next "lost" issue, this time with 81-year-old Tina Turner encouraging people to find happiness in music, in the present moment, in nature.
Well, she was 81 for that moment of time, which was January 2021.
Just a coincidence that these words should be waiting for this tumultuous time for me?
My gratitude for little miracles continues unabated.
 
Another blessing came my way soon after.
I'd gone to the front yard, working for nearly an hour on adding to the debris at the curb.
Then I came in, to take a shower and get ready for my appointment with my nutritionist.
At that moment, the phone rang.
I would need to reschedule, as Ms. Carley was ill.
So, I did... and the next time I see her is a month away.
What a nice reprieve!
That also freed me up to catch "What Happens Later" for my A*List.
It's the new one with Meg Ryan looking more like Loretta Swit than herself, but still playing a doofus, a scatterbrained blonde with a capital "B".
That's not to say I didn't like the movie; I very much did.
It's all about two people who had loved each other once upon a time, when the dew was on the rose and they were college kids.
Now, it's 25 years since they last spoke, and they find themselves in the same snowed-in airport, trying to make a connection, falling into familiar patterns.
Very interesting, very real, and would make for an excellent JavaFlicks discussion.
Alas, that ship has sailed.
But I did have a good talk about it, and its similar feel to "Passengers" - with both consisting of just a man and a woman onscreen together the whole time - with the young woman at AMC, then again with Barbara this evening.
Mi amiga had rearranged her tutoring schedule to meet me for "The Marsh King's Daughter", over here at the NCG on Victory.
That was another movie with a deja vu vibe going for it, bringing "Where The Crawdads Sing" to mind for me (though it was not written by the same author).
So, two movies, on Tina Tuesday, that each bore a strong psychic resemblance to two others.
Very nice.

In between the two, I was taking care of business.
I voted in the mayoral race today, being sure to cast in the direction of the best mayor ever.
Van Johnson isn't interested in doing what is popular; he does what is logical and sound and safe for the community as a whole.
I'm so glad that others realize that and have re-elected him.
But there were several nice things about going to vote, things which showed me I was in the the right place at the right time.
First, I found a bright penny as I stepped out of my car to head into the polling place.
Next, Mister Willie's niece, Jackie, was the one who checked my ID and gave me my voting card, and I was able to tell her how much Willie had loved her.
Such a blessing to have been able to talk with her!
i thank You, God!
(smile!
Plus, I received a mini Milky Way after my voting was done!
Sure, sure, it was probably leftover Halloween candy... but it was The Universe, right?
Then, as I was about to turn off the car in my driveway, I saw the special mileage reading.
Right place, right time.
(smile!)

No comments: