Wednesday, November 22, 2023

trio fit for kids of any age

I am so glad that October is over and done at the cinema!
At one point, there were at least three horror movies playing, reducing my choices.
Not now!
The holidays are upon us and family movies - plus Oscar hopefuls - are filling the screens.
What that means, of course, is now I have too many choices.
What a lovely problem to have!
 

This week's theme was kid movies, and I've seen all my A*List dance card allows since Monday, when I had a holiday outing with the four little blondes!
As I said then, "Trolls Band Together" is most def my favorite in that series.
Great music, over several different decades and genres, perfect for dancing afterward up near the screen while the credits rolled!
The next two were seen as a doubleheader today.
Yeah, it's been a while since I did one of those!
"Next Goal Wins" was a second viewing for me, but I do so love this soccer movie!
Who knows, I just may see it a third time yet, if it hangs around.
As for the third movie in my A*List, that's brand-new, as "Wish" just opened Friday.
Very nice, though a bit rebellious, and very much like "Moana" in a lot of ways.
I did like that the girl had freckles on her face... gave her some spunk!
 

So, what about that interim day twixt Monday and today?
Tina Tuesday was spent at the Royal of Pooler for Bollywood!
Well, actually, "Tiger 3" was more straight-up action, though it did have two dances.
It also had Salman Khan and a special cameo with... Shah Rukh Khan, his cousin!!!
That made driving in the rain all the way out there worthwhile for me... kinda sorta.
If only I hadn't had to drive back, too, that would have been nice, but, as the movie let out before rush hour traffic and the rain had stopped, I was okay.
It had all been Barbara's plan, for me to drive the two of us to Pooler.
No asking me if I would prefer otherwise, just her opting to drive the shorter trip to Tybee last Friday in exchange for me ferrying us on Tuesday.
So, the plan I made was to meet her at the AMC and then to go in my car.
Nope.
She changed that plan, as she had ordered muffins from Rambam, so she would meet me at my house at 11 AM and we'd go from there.
Nope.
She changed that plan, too, as she spent too much time hobnobbing with acquaintances there, so she wanted me to come and pick her up...
on a morning that was gray and rainy...
when it was already past the agreed meeting time.
Nope.
She gave me the wrong directions to where she would be waiting, causing yet another delay, so, after a call to her that just increased my tension, I told her "Not today."
Then I left for Pooler, to try a new way I'd worked out that avoided interstates...
with their roadwork going on...
but still driving in the rain...
on a shortened time line... 
thanks to her controlling nature.
Granted, I'm a control freak, too, which is why I can recognize it easily in her.
Right?
Most of the time I can let it slide, but... not today.
There were too many parameters at play and her continual changes made it harder on me than it should have been.

Here's the rest of the story: we both made it to Pooler on our own, meeting up within minutes of our arrivals at the cinema there.
I had time to enjoy the Canadian geese as they pondered the palm trees.
No doubt they had thought the wet parking lot was a pond.
Poor things!
So, being at my destination in a timely fashion, and having the opportunity to marvel at nature and migrating birds, all added up to me being more relaxed than I had been.
She and I were able to have fun at the movie, her a row behind my seat - 
as she had not informed me of her seat designation when she had me go ahead and buy my ticket online last week. 
That worked out, though, didn't it?
Right place, right time.
I do so love these little workings of the Universe.
(smile!)

No comments: