Wednesday, September 4, 2024

a*list and carolyn


It isn't as if she and I went to every movie together -

because we didn't.

We only did that for the last one, the science-fiction themed "Slingshot" with Casey Affleck and Laurence Fishburne.

That could have been superb if they had stopped it 60 seconds earlier.

Other than that gaffe, it was excellent and dealt with a very real item of concern at NASA for manned voyages to Titan or Mars or anywhere else: the fragile human psyche.

That film earlier this year from AARP MFG dealt with that in depth.

Oh, speaking of that film, it's the only one of the trio which is in its correct slot on this week's dance card.

The other two are out of sequence, though I have no idea why.

"The Crow" - already spoken in detail about - belongs in the first slot, as I saw it on Monday, September 2, not on Tuesday.

I have no inkling as to how AMC scrambled that up.

"City Of Dreams", which I did see on Tuesday/yesterday, belongs in the middle.

I didn't really care for it, as I was expecting a baseball diamond, but got a soccer pitch.

Anyway, the next A*List begins on Friday, and I can hardly wait: "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" awaits me, and if I like it, I just may see it three times!

I'll just be sure to not say it thrice!

LOL!

Oh, and how does Carolyn figure in with the above trio?

On Monday, she was out there at the same time as I, but she went to a different movie.

On Tuesday, she again was out there and I joined her afterward for cake.

On Wednesday, we watched the movie together, then went our separate ways.

Still, we made contact each day!

(smile!)

No comments: