Tuesday, September 17, 2024

flashbacks with ronnie, from fb


This was from 17 September of 2011.

I look a bit like a startled bird there, don't I?

He and I had gone to see the Savannah Sand Gnats.

He was 49 years old, I was 53, and my car had 100,001 miles on it.

Amazing times those were!

Here's one from Christmas Eve of 1984.

How can I say that with such conviction?

That was where all of the family spent that day every year, after my mother and my stepdad were wed on September 28, 1984.

This was taken at Mama and Frank's house, and that's Christina Ann with her papa.

Ronnie was a 22-year-old father of my first niece, who was 21 months old.

Here's another from that same holiday gathering.

This one shows two of my three brothers, hamming it up as they always did then.

Smitty was 24, two years older than Ronnie.

So much has changed since then.

I'm blessed to have these photos of good times in the past.

No comments: