Sunday, September 1, 2024

partyin' like a parrot-head!

Here are the glorious hosts of this outside party: 
my youngest brother, Dood, and his lovely wife, Laura!
 
I just love that purple Hawaiian shirt he's wearing!
 
I love that metal art on the wall, too, of sailing ships!
 
Very nice!
 
Here's my other brother, Smitty, and his lovely wife, Mary!
 
I know they were thrilled to not be in charge of a cookout!
 
This party was completely outdoors, though, so no need to have folks traipsing in and out here!
 
In fact, knowing it was to be outside, I helped.
 
See that huge blue cooler on wheels?
 
See that mesh food umbrella over the fruit tray?
 
See that Sunbasket ice bag under the fruit tray?
 
I'm so glad those items were put to good use here!
Now, back to the party guests, shall we?

These folks are the Tatums!
 
Terri and Laura have been best buds since they were 5 years old!
 
Hobie is Terri's hubby and is a really nice guy.
 
Then there's the regular Friday Fiesta folks!
 
Betsy was sporting a flowered dress for the occasion.
 
Jimmy's shirt had a print on the back, I think.
 
But it was Mark Kameron that had the party spirit, wearing his red Hawaiian shirt!
 
He and I shared a table apart from the others, just by happenstance.
 
Although it wasn't in this photo, there was a bubble machine going, and the bubbles kept following Mark wherever he moved his chair!

Hahahaha!

And where's a shot of me?
 
Right here, I am, and I'm even wearing one of the parrot-head headbands that Laura had for the party!
 
Plus, I have on my spring dress, as I did last year!
 
Trust me, Laura has a photo of me with her at that shindig.
 
They took it up a few notches this time, though.
Just look at the size of that cheeseburger!!!
 
I had been forewarned that it would be a monster...
so I brought Muenster to go on it!
 
Hahahaha!
 
Definitely a cheeseburger in paradise, with french fried potatoes, and kosher dill pickle, too!
 
Laura had a game for us to play, calling us to look around and write down all the items that are in Jimmy Buffett songs.
 
Somehow, I won first place!
 
I think it's because I added song lyrics to my sheet.
 
Smitty came in second, and Mark had third place.
 
He'd grown up with an older brother that had all those albums, so he knew a lot more of the songs than I did.
 
Nice to have these key lime cuties for dessert on this relatively cool summer evening!
Seriously, it was a nice day!
 
The party started around 3 PM, with a sweet breeze lifting the heat of the day away from their back yard.
 
Between that and the fans strewn around, and the shade of the canopies as well as the trees, it truly was a fabulous day for a cookout!
 
i thank You, God!

No comments: