Tuesday, September 17, 2024

usher and the a*list


What a fabulous time that was last Friday morning: dancing with Usher in France!
Such good fortune on that Friday the 13th!
I was the only person in the screening room for "Rendezvous In Paris", so I took full advantage of that to dance with him to the music!
Imagine that: a private concert for only $15 - wow!!!
Not that it was a concert so much as a story told in five chapters, with music.
Chapter 1: "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love", set in a club with lots of sexy dancing!
Chapter 2: Straying to another, a lone skater on a foggy bridge, with the concert section featuring him on skates, plus burlesque pole dances!
Chapter 3: Seduction, dancers with cane and hat and chair!
Chapter 4: Break up, solitude, death!
Chapter 5: Redemption with his first love!
Very nice to have gone on that ride with the 46-year-old Usher!
 

Very nice to have seen Paris again, too.
The last time was during the opening ceremony for the 17th Summer Paralympics there.
That was just over two weeks ago, on August 30th.
Because there were fewer participants for that part of the Summer Olympics, the athletes and their contingents were allowed to march down the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in downtown Paris to the site of the opening ceremony at the Place de la Concorde.
How very exciting that must have been for them!!!
It was certainly exciting, and quite beautiful, to watch!
 

So, back to the here and now and the A*List, shall we?
Yes, that's "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" in the line-up once more.
Yes, it was a fun movie, one that I had planned to see again, though maybe not so soon.
So, why had I?
Points, my dear, great lovely bonus points, 1000 of them specifically.
(smile!)
Then, today, for Tina Tuesday, I had a double header of dances to complete the trio.
I totally enjoyed "The Killer's Game", with Drax of "The Guardians Of The Galaxy" as an assassin who finds love just before being diagnosed with a deadly disease.
Yes, I realize Dave Bautista is known more for his wrestling  career, but not by me.
This movie, which had languished for two decades before getting made, was a lot of fun and had the flavor of "Kill Bill".
Oh, but what was really cool was that he'd gotten another GOTG star, Pom Klementieff, cast as the diabolical Marianna Antoinette, his arch nemesis!!!
Yes, much fun was had by all I'm sure!
Not so much, though, for the second film, "Am I Racist?", which I'd gone into not expecting much and was delighted to find myself laughing out loud several times.
Truly!
I don't think the scenes were meant to be humorous, but they sure tickled me!
He was trying to poke fun at diversity training and groups that promote such, but I found his very dominating white-male actions to be the source of inside jokes for me.
The final scene in the diner is the most hilarious!
I started laughing and couldn't stop!
That definitely rattled the two other viewers - both older white men - into leaving quickly.
Will I check out the podcasts of the "star" of that mockumentary?
Not hardly.
This one dose of his finger-pointing antics was quite enough.
But I do recommend watching it once for laughs!
Even better: find the segments on youTube.
No need to sit through the pandering in the rest of his piece.

No comments: