Tuesday, September 10, 2024

dawn and sandy and political shenanigans


I had meant to take a photo of my luncheon, but I was busy listening to Dawn.

That's why I have this photo of the elite dancing in the rain on the beach.

Every time I see it at The King & I, I wonder what music they heard there.

Perhaps the servants were humming their favorite song?

(smile!

Afterward, went to "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" at the cinema, to see it in Big D.

Such a humorous flick it was, too, being most careful to step into those old shoes and walk the path left back in 1988 for it.

So glad it had Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, and Catherine O'Hara keeping the pace!


Then I popped over to Savannah VA to speak in person with my PCP.

We have yet to catch each other about the thyroid ultrasound and I have questions!

I now have a phone appointment with her on Friday.

I also tried to speak with the optometrist, Dr. Urban, about my left eye.

As I told the nurse, I am wondering if a bacterial infection from water droplets that got into that eye when I was working in the yard in the spring might be the culprit for the decreased vision I now have in my good eye.

Part of the reason I wonder such a thing is due to Ian, the blind student I had, the one that led me to create my tactile periodic table.

His blindness had resulted from swimming in a dirty pond when he was 12 years old.


By the time I was done with those errands and one at the bank, it was time to meet up with Sandy for a movie!

I'm so glad I'd thought to contact her about "Reagan".

She is very much into politics and I knew she'd be interested in that hagiography.

How about that fancy new word, eh?

A hagiography is a biography of a saint, and clearly the Lifeguard was regarded as such, even though the tale was told through the perspective of a Russian spy.

That was smart: place the emphasis on Reagan's desire to end Communism, to make it the focal point of the movie.

She and I both liked it and popped over to B & D Burgers for dinner to keep talking.

And guess what I had?

An updated cheeseburger!

Actually, it was two of them, called Steakhouse Sliders.

I highly recommend them! 


I highly recommend those movies, too, as well as the third on my not-quite-completed AMC A*List dance card.

I already made my reservation for yet another viewing of "Deadpool & Wolverine".

That will be seen tomorrow.

I do know this: every time I watch it, I want to see "Deadpool" again.

That just may be what I see with my next Comcast $1 Movie Night reward.

But, not tonight.

Am I planning to watch the Presidential Debate between the Prosecutor and the Ex-Pres?

Interestingly, I started doing so, but lost interest.

LOL!

That didn't start out being a joke, but it just happened that way.

Seriously!

And, as much as I'd liked to watch the Blond Man get thrashed, I'd rather see the new movie that Comcast has given to me: "The Blind Side".

Positive messages, lots of Sandra Bullock, and football - yes, much better!

(smile!)

No comments: