Sunday, September 22, 2024

folding pages and colors

Sounds like I might have gotten a little arts and crafts going, doesn't it?

Not even close!

The "folding pages" refers to a story on "CBS Sunday Morning" today.

The fellows behind MAD magazine were featured and, of course, that included the late Al Jaffe and his famous last page fold.

Even knowing what was coming up, I couldn't click the camera button fast enough to catch the unfolded view.

So, I had to turn to the video for the setup.

"More and more today's young people are having basic job problems many of them must pick highly practical ways to live on a low income."

Then, carefully folding between the arrows revealed the punchline:

"Moving back home."

I always loved that back page and trying to puzzle out the hidden message before folding the paper!

That's why I thought to use such a fold for my tactile Periodic Table invention.

(smile!)

Next up on the telly for my Sunday groove was "Teen Kids News".

This season has featured this young Navy officer a lot and she told us the history of the Colors Ceremony.

I had no idea that only goes back 300 years and was taken from the British!

I'll have to tell Post 36 about that. (smile!)

No comments: