Sunday, September 22, 2024

tater skins for breakfast, for the last time!

Most folks consider bacon with a side of cheesy hash browns as a very nice weekend breakfast, don't they?
The Tater Skins from Texas Roadhouse have that all in one place!
This morning, I ate the last two pieces.
I've had it for breakfast every morning since Thursday.
That's the day I chose to celebrate my 4-year anniversary of being a member of their loyalty club.
(smile!)
The good folks at that restaurant emailed me a coupon for a free appetizer.
How very kind of them!
So off I'd gone for slunch, not wanting it to expire, right?
I already knew I'd get the Tater Skins, too, as I've had them for breakfast a time or two before.
But what to order for the required meal?
Well, I definitely wanted the House Salad as a side.
Most def!
Then I settled on the 5-ounce grilled Salmon for my main course, wanting plenty of protein.
That meant a baked sweet potato for dessert -
and what a huge one I received!!!
I was only able to eat half of that!
But I made sure to eat every bite of the fish.
Most def!
Then Marissa brought me a to-go box for the Tater Skins, as well as another for those four dinner rolls I hadn't touched and the rest of the sweet potato.
Such a lovely, long, slunch I had...
and all for less than $25, including tip!
Thanks, Texas Roadhouse!
(smile!)

Speaking of gratitude...
part of the reason for treating myself to that deluxe lunch was the need to go to the Post Office.
I wrote Thank-you cards to the folks who sent sympathy cards.
"Thank you for your kind words.
Thank you for sending me a card filled with sympathy after my two friends died.
Having kind thoughts to hold in my hands was quite reassuring during a very difficult time.
Gratefully..."

No comments: