Saturday, September 7, 2024

first live musical for the 4 little blondes!

First, my many thanks to the Hive Repertory Theatre, in Rincon, for this golden opportunity.
Everyone knows how much I love musicals, and to have this chance to share that love with my four little blonde great-nieces was absolutely magical for me!
Here's what they did that made it possible for all of us to go: they gave a free hour-long preview of the Tony-nominated show, "The Wind In The Willows"!!!
The musical is based on the book published in 1908 by an English banker, Kenneth Grahame.
He was 49 years old and he chose to retire after the publication of "The Wind In The Willows".
That book was comprised of stories he told his son.
Isn't that a nice touch?
I have to wonder if he and his boy spent afternoons walking in the woods together, discovering there all that nature had to offer.
Then, the Fox and River Rat and Mole and Otter living in that area just naturally became characters that the child could envision, right?
And the Toad, that silly speed-happy chap who loved motor cars, would serve as the cautionary tale of the consequences of bad decisions.
Perfect for middle-school aged tweens!
I'll go again for the entire musical in two weeks.
I'll hope for company when I see it then, but I'll certainly understand if that's not to be.
Single parents have to watch their money, and the $45 cost for a family of 3 can find other uses.
My many thanks to Michael and Christina for making sure they reserved their free seats for this performance when I sent them the link!
My many thanks to them, too, for making the trip from Hinesville - southeast of Savannah - to Rincon, northeast of this seaport.
I'm glad their mom, my outlaw Melinda, set up a cookout for Michael's birthday at her place in Guyton, while they were in the area.
That worked out beautifully for them... and for me!
I missed the ribs, but I benefited from the company of these six that I love!
Plus, get this: the musical was at 7 on the 7th.
Right place, right time, for us all.
(smile!)

No comments: