Wednesday, September 25, 2024

a*list not the only dance in town


I'll say this for NCG Cinema: they're giving the others a run for the business.

As well as the Fall Family Film Festival that started last week, they also have Wicked Wednesdays now.

Those will be running through Halloween Eve.

At only 5 bucks, they're a deal, but here's where they've kicked it up a notch: there's a Spooky Combo that's less than $13, with refillable drink, refillable popcorn, and even candy!


Not that I paid to see "Interview With The Vampire" tonight.

Someone had bought an extra ticket and was giving it away... and so I accepted!

So nice to have an unexpected treat!

Right place, right time!

That helped me justify having the Spooky Combo as dinner... like I needed an excuse.

(smile!)

And let me say that this is one 30-year-old movie that has stood up well!

What gorgeous hunks Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Antonio Banderas, and Christian Slater were!

And what gorgeous hunks that foursome still are!

I was quite surprised how many of the steps I recalled of this dance... very nice!

(smile!)


As for the AMC's A*List, that third dance will be done tomorrow.

I've not particularly enjoyed the first two.

I went to "Transformers One" under duress, as I wanted the bonus 1000 points.

That meant I saw it in Real D 3-D... and, somehow, with subtitles.

it isn't that it was a bad movie for what it was.

The three little boys in one family there in the screening room really enjoyed it.

I'm just done with the Transformers series.

I'm done with Demi Moore, too.

In an interview, she made it sound like "The Substance" was a science fiction piece about some medical marvel that allowed people to relive their youth.

Nope, that was not it at all.

I was so disappointed that I wrote a review on IMDB about it.

I assigned it a rating of 3 stars, on a 10-star system.

Yuck.

I'm hoping my last dance on this card will be a winner.

No comments: