Thursday, March 17, 2022

198th, and counting

When I awoke to pee at 0530, I was still awake two hours later.

Might as well get up for "Toon In With Me", right?

And look what they had: a St. Patrick's Day theme!

The Pink Panther even turned green in his cartoon!

Plus, I was just in time to catch The Sham Rock uttering his namesake's catchphrase - LOL!

He should have been cooking colcannon and corned beef!

I did crawl back into bed after that and slept until my second alarm roused me. 

Time for breakfast and metoprolol... and, as it happened, to catch the start of the parade!

WTOC even had it 'mercial-free for the first hour, so that was good.

Here's fellow Legionaire Jimmy Ray, chatting with anchors Dawn and Mike.

And this is an aerial view of the crowd that came to town to watch the parade and drink green beer.

You'll notice that this is just of River Street... none of the downtown area with the squares and the parade, just the strip running along the Savannah River.

So very glad to not be part of the madness and the folks jostling!

Been there, done that, so over it.

Still, I do hope to drive in that direction, by Forsyth Park, in the next day or so.

The fountain should still be spouting green-tinged water all over its statues - I like that.

Also, all the azaleas are blooming their little hearts out!

Pink! White! Purple! Coral! Fuchsia! Red!

I wonder if they have bees a-buzzin' all 'round?

I wonder if they have any little green glass snakes sheltering under them, too.

I feel sure there must be snakes, though I cannot recall every seeing any there.

Maybe someone has driven them out... like Saint Patrick is doing in this cartoon!

Like, literally!

What a crazy road trip that would be - LOL!

Thanks to Lynn for this one, and to JinHi for the fountain, and to Tomasz for River Street!

Now, I'm off to finally see "The Batman", all three hours of it.

Hope it lives up to the hype!

No comments: