Monday, March 7, 2022

busy, vibrant bees... and me, too!

Can you see them?

Both bees are in the upper left, with one buzzing around and the other buried up its hindquarters in an azalea blossom, making it appear to have a black center.

There were actually four of the big bumblebees out there, all interested in these showy flowers and all making lots of noise about it!

I kid you not - I could hear them through the closed window, humming while they worked!

Good thing they couldn't whistle!

(smile!

As for me, I got busy today, too.

There's a new cinema that just opened up, where the Victory Cinema once stood, and today I had resolved to check it out.

NCG Cinema Savannah is quite a lovely place, with comy recliner seats all around and full of new-cinema smells!

I don't think many folks have discovered it quite yet, but they will.

Today, though, I was the only one partaking of the $2 screening of "Hotel Transylvania Transformania", part of a kid-friendly, pre-summer series.

Loved its animated fun, but it certainly helped that I have enjoyed the other campy antics of its characters, so I was glad to see them again!

AMC had a huge movie promo for it in their lobby last fall... but the movie never came.

I'm so glad to have finally seen it!

Now, time to grab some lunch at home before meeting Carolyn at ... an AMC!

Partly because of Barbara's talk of the good music, I've talked myself (as well as Carolyn) into seeing "Licorice Pizza", even though this director has a total lack of talent at ending movies that has been very frustrating for me in the past.

Another reason to see it?

The director's former muse, Philip Seymour Hoffman, has a son who is making his debut in this one, and I'm hoping he's inspired PTA to do better by him than he did by the dad.

Wish me luck with that!

No comments: