Tuesday, March 29, 2022

yowsah! there's a bug in my eye!

Yes, I realize that a creature like that isn't really living in my eye...

at least, I certainly have myself convinced of the improbability that a bug that huge might actually be present in my right eye...

but isn't that what it looks like?

So, just what are we looking at here?

For starters, the retina itself is that bright white line. 

The fuzzy bit of peaked and fraying carpet above it is the vitreous layer.

This is the retinal scan of an eye threatening to lose its sight. 

Conversely, this is the retinal scan of an eye in excellent health.

Notice, please, that the vitreous layer makes two soft, mounded, hills above the retina.

It looks rather like a well-made bed, with the pillows neatly in place and smooth.

That's because this is the retinal scan of my left eye, the one that has behaved so well over the years, the one my brain listens to when I'm looking at anything.

That's because it doesn't have two blind spots like the right eye does.

My sincere thanks to Dr. Smith at the Savannah VA Center for allowing me to take these photos.

See you in December, when it's time for my Christmas glasses!

Now to wait until time for my appointment with Elizabeth Carley of the MOVE! program.

Hopefully I can resume my efforts with weight loss after I've recovered from the ablation surgery on Thursday.

Gotta stay positive!

(smile!)

No comments: