Tuesday, March 8, 2022

what's for dinner is what's for lunch!

No, I'm not talkin' 'bout leftovers from last night!
Actually, I rarely have food left from a meal, as I'm cooking smaller batches these days.
Maybe that's yet another side effect from that opiate anesthesia?
Perhaps I'll ask the doc when I see him Friday.
Meanwhile, let me tell you about this lunch!
It came from What's For Dinner Savannah, a place on Ferguson Avenue that I'd driven past quite a few times, but never visited.
Then Smitty gave me a gift card for it, a few months back, so I could check them out...
but I never have, because I never had the gift card on me when I was out and about.
Enough!
Today, I was in Sandfly to do laundry, and I made sure to have the little red card in my back pocket.
That was good.
By the time I'd spent the energy to wash clothes, panties, and socks, preparing food was the last thing I wanted to do.
So, I bopped on over to the place where they make it for you.
What a great idea!
Not only were the prices lower than I'd expected, but they had quite a selection!
It turned out to be quite tasty, too.
This mound of Tomato Basil Pasta represents half of what was in a $4 container.
I bought two of those!
The Broccoli Salad, with lots of bacon and moist and delicious, is maybe one-fourth of a large container that was just $9.
That means I'll have more of both for dinner later today, as well as plenty for future meals.
That isn't all I got, either, but it'll do to whet your appetite.
(smile!)

No comments: