Tuesday, March 15, 2022

tuesday was a very good day!

For starters, 'brother mine' Smitty came by and weed-whacked my front yard.
Then, using my mower, he cut the front yard and the back yard.
(It was his first time using a battery-powered lawnmower and he really liked it!)
He also trimmed the dead lantana by the front porch and elsewhere in the front, then took care of the growth in the side yard, too.
Hallelujah!
Now the crazy old lady next door - that would be Diane Sullivan - has no reason to call the city Code Compliance people on me.
What a relief.
Smitty also brought over the typewriter, and the package from the IRS, so I can take care of some tax forms for his business.
The three hours it took me were well worth getting my yard brightened!
Of course, that had to wait until I returned from my chemistry gals' luncheon.
Yvonne had set it up last week, with five of us descending upon Sweet Potatoes Kitchen.
Besides me and her, Brooke, Cathy Mac and Lea were also there.
They were on on spring break this week, so two hours of leisure time around a dining table was a perfect activity for the week!
I was last to arrive, and I came in slowly, so when Yvonne asked how I was, I told them.
"I have atrial fibrillation right now, but I'll have the catheter ablation surgery on March 31st and that will hopefully get me back to myself again."
That done, we all were free to talk of other things, and we did, with them telling me about students not doing the online homework (yep, I had that experience, too) and students cheating on the online tests (yep, sadly, I've had that happen, too), and upcoming birthdays and ages (Yvonne-65, Cathy-69, Lea-44, Brooke-39 [same age as my first niece today!]).
What a quick two hours that was!
Then, I came home and the yard was be-yoo-ti-ful and I had paperwork awaiting me.
(smile!)
At 6 PM, I had another meal out with others!
This was at the Savannah JEA, featuring lemon chicken, roasted vegetables, and pasta.
But, first, there was salad and getting to know my table mates.
Ellie was there with her mom and dad (Jessica and Jacob) and she will be 16 years old on the 16th - that's tomorrow!
I very much enjoyed talking with her about college, encouraging her to talk to her professors.
I very much enjoyed her granddad, Mike, too - what a hoot!
He reminded me of my stepdad, Frank, who would have been 100 years old last month.
Time does keep marching ever forward, doesn't it?
And just as the meal follows the salad, dessert follows the meal - well, most of the time, for most people, though not necessarily for me or Joe Guy.
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
I'm guessing this dessert was in our that little inside joke and my preference to eat dessert along with my meal; why else would it have such a look of surprise on its face?
I was happy to have waited, though, as the chocolate chip treats arrived warm and gooey - just perfect!
All at the table agreed - fresh and hot was best!
Just like with Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
We all lingered a bit longer, until we were finally hustled off to the screening room for the Ed Asner film...but more about that later!
(smile!)

No comments: