Saturday, March 26, 2022

awesome, opossum!

When I spotted John Donaghy's painting back in January, I had not taken a photo of it, even though it tickled me.
Perhaps it was partly because that was my first trip to that part of MOAS and I had my own theme I was pursuing at the time?
Most likely.
However, when I went back to the Cici and Hyatt building in February, I was taken by the flamingo painting...
which was catecorner to this homely creature, with its leather ears and rat tail...
so I had snapped it, too, planning to show it to the bfe to share a laugh.
That had not yet happened, until today.
He's been proclaimed a "jolly good fellow of diversity" - well, that's my title, not the official one at GaSoU - and it's been a more serious task than a fun one.
So, to distract him a bit, I'd texted the photo, writing "From a gallery in Florida. Thought you would enjoy!"
Honestly, I had not expected a reply.
I'd just wanted to make him smile, right?
And yet, two hours later, we were in a textversation!

him: Ahhh, that's very cute!

me: Awesome possum!

him: Ha ha$. Yeah! I may have to use this image to practice painting an opossum!

me: Very good! I saw it in Daytona, at the museum i so enjoy. This critter made me smile and think of you rhyming it with awesome. Hahaha!

him: Very nice! Whatcha up to this evening? You chilling out or got plans?

me: Nothing tonight. About to see The Lost City with Carolyn at the cinema on Stephenson. Reminds me of Romancing The Stone!

him: I saw that at the drive in! Romancing the Stone, that is!

me: Absolutely loved it!

him: I hardly remember it! Maybe I should revisit it.

me: This new Sandra Bullock movie is similar, but lots of differences to perk it up. Already saw it yesterday!

him: It's that good?!?!?

me: It's a hopeful romantic movie, too. That's my jam! Plus, lots of adventure and laughs!
me: Most def my jam!

him: Well, tonight I *think* I am going to watch Eraserhead... I have heard so much about it but have never seen it.

me: It's been a while since I watched that, lots of yelling as I recall.

him: Good to know since I will listen with headphones!

me: Mind those eardrums! Maybe only wear one headphone! 
me: Or place them on the temporal bone.

him: You are telling me! I gotta keep my ears and my eyes! 
him: Can't be listening to Led Zep at 11.

me: Nor anything else! Say what??

him: Huh? Did you say something?

me: Lol!
 
And off I go, to do what I said I was doing!
(smile!)

No comments: