Thursday, March 3, 2022

a singer and a chef walk into a cooking show...

The first was February 22nd, with singer Shenseea, preparing one of her favorites, Jamaican chicken with rice.
I say it's one of her favs, because she told us her kids won't eat it!
They're still at the age of "tan food", if you know what I mean.
The show was an hour-long dialogue between her and the Xfinity host, Jamie Miles, with him asking and her answering, while also cooking.
I'm not familiar with her music, but I did use the chat bar to applaud her cooking method: no measuring, just adding ingredients as she has clearly done many times!
Good for her!
I found her to be a very nice, personable, self-assured young woman and definitely enjoyed the Reward from the cable company!
Tonight, a full-time chef, G. Garvin of Aspire.tv, was featured, making three treats for us.
See those three pots and pans?
Those were all he needed for all three dishes.
The primary utensil was called a Rad Pan, with the side opposite the handle coming up like a curling wave... 
allowing easy flipping of whatever was in the pan, with no spillage out the far side!
What a clever idea!
I think he even helped design that.
As for the food, here are two of the dishes right here.
The one in the foreground is perfect for a fancy brunch, with no cooking required!
It's Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast, with foccacia used as the base and plenty of fresh and colorful vegetable tidbits to dress it up!
Jamie Miles, the host for the Xfinity Reward evening, has promised to send the recipes along - looking forward to trying that one myself!
The dish he's working on is Shrimp And Grits, also perfect for a brunch, and he's plated it for definite eye appeal.
I doubt I'll make that one, as grits take a bit longer to cook than I'm usually willing to spend for a first meal of the day, but perhaps I might try it as a dinner.
Yeah, I could see that happ'ning!
(smile!)
But the supper table would be made delightful for the eyes and nose with his third culinary recipe: Pan-Roasted Rosemary Garlic Chicken.
Oh, I wish I could have been there!
Those aromas wafting through the air would have magical to inhale!
And just what is he doing here?
Well, this man is all about the sauces, as he said repeatedly throughout the show.
He truly and completely regards the meat as something which exists for the sake of being covered in sauce.
Here, he's spooning the cream sauce from the pan and ladling it carefully into the serving platter to form a pool for the fowl to swim about in.
It's almost like poetry, right?
I'm so glad to have had these two shows gifted to me from Comcast!
Together, they were worth almost $30.
It's almost like the cable company is paying me back some of my money, as well as granting me an extra-special piece of entertainment.
Win-win for me!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Well, to date, no recipes have been given to me or posted in Xfinity Rewards.
I'm not going to give up... but, it's not looking like Jamie remembered.
That's okay... I'm pretty resourceful!

Here's the recipe for the smoked salmon avocado toast.
https://www.chefgarvin.com/content/44603/avocado-and-smoked-salmon-toast

Here's the Shrimp and Grits.
https://www.chefgarvin.com/content/44365/cheddar-cheese-grits-with-shrimp-pancetta-and-scallions

And here's that rosemary garlic chicken!
https://www.chefgarvin.com/content/66/garlic-chicken-with-roasted-tomatoes