Sunday, March 6, 2022

bedsheets and crosswords

I am so proud of myself!
I put fresh linens on my bed, and I did it all by myself!
Sure, it took a bit longer than it has in the past, but that was all BAF (before atrial fibrillation).
That's okay, it isn't like I had a schedule to keep today, except with my meds, so I was free to take as long as was needed, with frequent pauses and no naps.
(smile!)
It will be so nice to have clean sheets to snuggle into tonight!
My double-mink blanket is on, too, and I had not realized just how heavy it is... whoompf!
It's still needed, even though the days have been up in the 70's and 80's; the nights keep dipping into the 50's or lower.
Yes, even though the oak trees are full of yellow-orange pollen.
That should keep on until mid-April or so.
Hey, I don't mind, as long as the days are warm, warm, warm!
(smile!)
So, what prompted this changing of the sheets?
I washed my hair.
That means it's super slippery and sheds ponytail holders like it's doing magic!
It also means that fresh pillowcases are called for... and I thought, hey, why not change out everything else, too?
And now, I'll have cleanness all around me as I sleep, perchance to dream sweet dreams.
(smile!)
And guess what I was doing to relax after changing the sheets and washing my hair?
I did a Jonesin' crossword puzzle!
I still had one from a Connect Savannah lifted the last time I did laundry -
boy, that seems like forever ago, though it's been just about a month -
and now was certainly the time to do something distracting while sitting.
You know what I mean?
Plus, this one was meant to be done by me!
How did I know?
Just read this caption: "All Rise - it happens because it's scientific." 
Oh, yeah, right time, right place, just for me!
There were only three clues that pertained to that theme, but they were long answers that spanned the length of the puzzle!
 
4-down: "Exposes academic dishonesty, after the temperature conversion?"
7-down: "Home of Shakespeare, after the temperature conversion?"
10-down: "Old cereal slogan, after the temperature conversion?
 
Did those involve some changing of Fahrenheit to Celsius or Kelvin?
Nope, they were all representing an exothermic situation.
How did I know it was exothermic and not endothermic?
Because "H-E-A-T" was released from the correct response! 
What a funny joke!
Oddly enough, it was the last clue that I solved first.
Here's the correct response:
"H-E-A-T-E-A-T-Y-O-U-R-W-I-E-S"
I knew that was correct because I knew the slogan!
"EAT  YOUR  WHEATIES"
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
After I knew the trick, solving the other two clues was like magic for me!
That very first one?
"H-E-A-T-C-A-T-C-H-E-S-A-C-E-R", which sadly I did several times while teaching.
"CATCHES A CHEATER"
Shakespeare's home?
I knew it, too!
"H-E-A-T-T-H-E-G-L-O-B-E-T-R-E", aka "THE GLOBE THEATRE", of course!
Now, I'm going to watch "Extract" on HBO, 'cause it's free on demand!
It's surprisingly full of name-brand actors: Jason Bateman, J.K. Simmons, Ben Affleck, Kristen Wiig, and Mila Kunis. 
Yesterday, it was Showtime that gave me the two free ones on demand.
First was "Before You Know It", which I had expected to be packed with actors I didn't know, then up popped Mandy Patinkin and Alec Baldwin... and Judith Light!
The second one was from 1994, starring Denise Richards as the star in "Tammy And The T-Rex".
It was an old-style horror-comedy, with a mad scientist trying to be like Dr. Frankenstein.
Still, the scene with 'Tammy' riding her dinosaur boyfriend off into the sunset was pretty cool!
(smile!)

No comments: