Monday, March 14, 2022

i'm zooming as fast as i can!

Good thing, too, as walking too fast takes my breath away... and not in a good way.

The Savannah Music Festival held its Volunteer Orientation via the electronic platform this year, for the first time.

I suspect they will consider doing that again, as they had almost fifty people show up.

That's almost twice what they usually get in person!

I suspect partly that was because no one had to hunt for parking at one of the downtown venues, nor did anyone have to pay for that parking - definitely pluses.

The meeting ran for about 45 minutes, going through the new handbook for the benefit of the many new volunteers, and refreshing rules for us regulars.

I had about ten minutes to switch gears before my next ZOOM at 7 PM.

Bunker B-I-N-G-O with the KC Crew was back already - hallelujah!

I do so enjoy the energy and the joyfulness that Audrey and Grant bring to the game!

He did all the calling of the numbers, letting her handle the trivia questions, as that seems to be their favorite modus operandi.

I do so enjoy those bits of minutia she finds!

For instance, did you know Barbie was created a year after I was born?

That makes her a senior citizen who will be eligible for Social Security benefits this year!

Hahahaha! Hahaha!

This is one of the 'chats' I had with Grant!

I had started with "my card is broken, just have the free space"... and Grant addressed me by name, saying "This next one is for you, Faustina!"

"Did that help?"

"naw, that didn't do it"

Then, one ball later, he pulled one I had! Whew!

That was on the green card.

Grant had asked us to name our favorite green things and one of the guys mouthed off something that not only tickled me, but got Grant's attention: "grasshopper in a blender".

Grant said, "Man, Mike, that's a little dark tonight!"

Quick as a flash, Mike fired back, "I didn't say the blender was on."

All I could think was how much it all reminded me of evening shift dialogues at the base, after the day shift had left.

Joking around, with not-quite-right senses of humor... oh, yeah!

Now, let me go ahead and sign up for next month's game!

Bye!

No comments: