Wednesday, March 2, 2022

a*list trio: complete!

I continue to be surprised by the number of people who have yet to go to the cinema.
Yesterday, the Hodges were the pair that surprised me.
I know they go out and about to other places... but not to the local cinemas.
My entertainment options would be sorely lacking if I didn't have AMC.
I am especially fortunate that the older of the two in town is less frequented, especially during the week, making it possible for me to park very close and limit the distance that I need to walk. Plus, it's smaller overall, so the distance from the ticket counter to the individual screening rooms is fairly small, too.
How blessed am I!
(smile!
That means it's been a place for me to go to get out of the house and work on placing the mantle of my "busy, vibrant woman" cape firmly onto my shoulders again.
Last Thursday had been my first trip to the movies in almost three weeks.
I know, that's just crazy, right?
Going to the hospital will do that.
That first movie had been "Death On The Nile", the new one from Kenneth Branaugh.
I found it to be very pretty, and fabulously shot... but a bit slow.
Good to see Armie Hammer again, as always.
(smile!)
Seeing him gave me a plan to try to fill my dance card with men I favored: Channing Tatum, Mark Wahlberg, and Owen Wilson.
That last one won't get on until tomorrow, due to movie times conflicting with my daylight-only driving times.
"Dog" was a delightful romp with serious moments about mental health, reminding me both of my lifelong love of dogs and my love of freedom to come and go as I please. 
So, no dog for me.
With this health issue, I'm glad I didn't have a pet of any kind, as it took all my energy just taking care of me.
That movie was seen on Friday afternoon.
Yesterday, I went to "Uncharted", which turned out to be based on a Playstation game.
Barbara had said it was akin to "Raiders of the Ark", an adventure flick designed to please.
Well, perhaps that's what was intended, but I kept finding myself distracted by the lack of sweat and the lack of dirt on their clothes and the lack of muss of their hair.
Maybe that was to make them look more like the video game characters?
All I know is it didn't work for me... and Wahlberg didn't take off his shirt even once.
Sigh.
Today, Carolyn joined me for the Norwegian film, "The Worst Person In The World".
Except for the decidedly modern topics in the conversations, the movie would have been right at home during the 1970's as a coming of age movie about a college girl.
Seriously.
It was certainly entertaining, but I can't say it was enlightening.
Then again, I haven't the led the life of many women of the south, so maybe a poll should be taken of their views about it!
(smile!)
My movie-going this week is not yet ended, though my A*List is full.
However, tomorrow I am to see "Marry Me" with Carolyn, so I can fit Owen Wilson in.
That little film will be free for me, as I have reward points to make it so.
As for Carolyn, I think it'll be her fourth time - perhaps more! - in seeing it.
I'm definitely looking forward to that fun!
(smile!)
And, today, I moved my trash bins back up to the house.
Slowly, but surely, I'm making a comeback.
So if my Japanese magnolia.
I had been so concerned about it a month ago.
An especially vicious spell of cold weather, with highs only in the low 40's that dipped into the 20's at night, swept into this latitude.
The tree had bloomed the second week of January and all those mounds of creamy pink turned to rust-red overnight.
Not a single leaf was on the tree.
But, as I paused at the foot of my steps after moving the bins, I looked over and caught the tree waving at me.
"Every little thing
is gonna be alright."
For it, and for me.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I did see "Marry Me" with Carolyn, and that Owen Wilson movie was a delight!
He played a divorced dad, a middle school math teacher who also is in charge of the Pi-thons (get it? lol!) math club.
Charming!