Wednesday, May 11, 2022

dawn of gifts at el potro!

Neither of us could quite remember when we last had lunch together... it's been that long.
We were both certain, though, that this is the first time we've been together this year.
That makes it all the more important that we meet more often to make up for the lapse!
So, why didn't we meet in January?
That's Soup Month, so when we met in December we didn't schedule a lunch because we had just known we'd see each other at her Annual Soup Party,right?
But the Omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2 was all the rage and I had abstained.
Ever since then, my heart rate has interfered with me doing what my heart wants.
However, I've been pushing for this luncheon with her for two weeks... and I finally succeeded in making it happen!
I'm glad it did, too!
June 1 is the first day of a new job for her, one akin to her old one in commercial food sales, so she will be traveling about and less available.
I'm so happy for her!
She really, truly, is the hostess with the mostest, having set aside a goodie bag for me at the Soup Party and remembering to bring it today!
Included in the gift was a "2022 New Year Survival Kit" with the following "essentials":
1) Measuring Cup: to measure all of your successes;
2) Colored Pencils: to help write your wrongs & brighten your days;
3) Paper Clips & A Clothespin: to help you hold it together;
4) Notebook & Sticky Notes: to help track your best ideas;
5) Chewing Gum: to help you stick to it;
6) Lotion: to help you create a smooth start to your day;
7) Tissues: to wipe away any tears;
8) Chocolate: for extreme emergencies.
All very nice, right?
She'd even included printouts of the two trivia games they'd played that evening!
We visited for almost 90 minutes, then she had errands to run.
 
Come to think of it, so did I!
I can eat spicy foods again, but I'm still being caffeine-free.
That means this Maxwell House coffee I'd bought when it was on sale in January had not been opened and would not be.
I'd decided to donate it to the AA 24-Hour Club on Eisenhower, but when I'd tried on Monday, when I'd gone to the Post Office for stamps, I'd somehow missed its entrance.
Today, I drove a bit slower and found it.
No one was there, so I scribbled "in memory of George Barry" on the lid and left it.
Coffee is always welcomed there.

No comments: