Monday, May 16, 2022

happy birthday, my little fish face!

Yes, that's my pet name for my car! 
Isn't it adorable?

"The name or the vehicle?"
 
Both!
 
"Well, sure, if you insist."
 
Oh, I do!
She's 21 years old today!
 
"I don't think you can really know its age with that degree of certainty. 
You have no way of knowing its production date. "
 
You are just being exasperating!
You know very well that I regard the day I bought her as her "birth" day.
That date was May 16, 2001.
I had specified to the salesman that I wanted a car with manual transmission, roll-down windows, and door locks that had to be manually set.
This little Saturn was the only one on the lot with those characteristics...
and she was even a beautiful shade of blue!!!
Yes, she was made for me.
(smile!)
 
"So she's 21 now?"
 
Yep, and still a beauty in my eyes.
Here's hoping I'll soon be fit enough to take a long trip with her again.
What fabulous adventures we've had!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I had a delightful thought today: I have not had car payments for SIXTEEN YEARS.
Incredible!!!
Even with all the miscellaneous hiccups my car has had over the years, I am WAY ahead in the world of car expenses.
What a blessing!