Sunday, May 22, 2022

two musicals in one day? i must be dreaming!

But I was not asleep - it was real, not a dream!
 
The first one was at the Savannah Children's Theatre, as a 3 PM matinee performance.
I had not purchased a ticket beforehand... I'd just taken my chances that there would be a seat.
And guess what?
"Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" was not sold out!
Right place, right time!
Moreover, the woman in the box office (LeeAnn? Gloria?) was practically jumping up and down in her chair with glee when she saw me!
(smile!)
Most definitely right place, right time.
(smile!)
And I sat in the front row, too, and cheered and clapped like a crazy woman when Elvis the Pharaoh did his thing!
(smile!
But that was not the end of my bday64 treat on this day, 22 May '22, nosirreebob!
Mi amiga Barbara had invited me to attend another play with her, this time for "Women and Girls ONLY".
Yep, that's right!
Held in one of the rooms as B'nai B'rith Jewish Synagogue, "The Shoeshine Boys" had a cast of high school girls, with several of them going through multiple costume changes in one corner near the stage.
Heaven forbid any male eyes might catch a glimpse of a bare shoulder or revealed bra!
The story was charming, centered on a Russian immigrant who had come to America to make the money to bring over his mother and siblings.
The cast could have used more practice, perhaps, but considering how many roles each person was carrying (several had four and one had six!), I though they did an admirable job!
This is the first time the play has been performed here, too.
Written by Mary Green, I do hope it will see more light.
What a birthday treat to have seen it with Boo tonight!
Not even the pouring rain after the play could dampen our spirits!
(smile!)

No comments: