Thursday, May 26, 2022

taking care of bizness, y'all

It all started Monday.
That's when I washed the dishes, after not doing so for a week.
Oh, wait, that means I need to back up to Thursday.
That's when I decided to do some sweeping of carpet, not so much because of dirt as to get rid of the shed hair.
I started with my bedroom, and that went pretty well.
Then I swept the rug in the dining room... and got a blister on my left thumb.
Drats.
I didn't want it to get infected, so I stayed away from anything dirty.
That meant the dishes sat and waited, and waited, and waited some more.
By Monday, it had healed rather nicely and the scab had shrunk, so I deemed it ready.
Seven coffee mugs and seven water cups and all of the soup and cereal bowls agreed.
(smile!
On Tuesday, I actually listened to the Mayor's Address - for the first time in many weeks - and was delighted to find that Savannah Ghost Pirates will be our hockey team and plans are in the works for nonstop flights between here and Las Vegas, so our rivals can more easily get here to play.
Marvelous!
Then I voted, which is something I regard as a task, right?
I also watched a free webinar about finances, given live by Suze Orman on her website, titled "Your Financial Roadmap For The Rest Of 2022". 
It was primarily aimed at folks in their 30's and 40's, people just starting to look at starting up retirement accounts.
That's okay, she let me know what the TIAA rep had told me more than a dozen years ago.
Still, it was nice to have someone else confirm that I'd made some good investments back then.
It's good to know that Smitty will be able to retire this year, too, thanks to the SIMPLE-IRA I got him - and me, of course - invested into back in the late 1990's.
Yesterday, after I took a shower, I clipped my toenails.
Let me say that again for emphasis: I clipped my toenails.
That's a big deal for someone who gets dizzy by bending over.
That's why I did it right after the shower, when those nails were softer, allowing me to get the task done in the shortest amount of time possible.
I left the big toes alone, as they always require the most time.
Maybe I'll try to trim them in a few days.
(smile!)
I then washed clothes and I seem to have picked a very good time for that.
Sandfly Laundry was deserted!
By the time my wash was done, only one other customer had come in.
One more arrived by the time the dryer was done, about 3:30 PM.
Sweet!
Had I known, I might have done a load of towels, but... that can wait.
Panties and bras and nightgowns and shirts, not so much. 
That brings me to today.
Breakfast featured an omelet made with the broccoli and carrots from the Texas Roadhouse birthday feast.
I had minced them up and added some cheddar - yum!
There was even one last roll to accompany all that protein!
Plenty of protein is very important with the Whole Body Reset food plan that I'm following.
It's given me a steady weight loss, so that's good.
I'm going to see the cardiologist on June 6th and I'd certainly like for him to see that I'm truly invested in getting my heart healthy.
(smile!)
Fueled by that meal, I attacked the Lane Bryant website.
As they have in years past, the store had granted me a twenty-dollar shopping gift for my birthday.
I've been looking online for several days trying to decide how best to spend it.
Yesterday, I decided to go to the store in Savannah and shop in-person, so I'd looked up its hours online.
Nope, that trip wasn't going to happen - that place is 'permanently closed'.
I'd have to go to Pooler to the Tanger Outlet if I wanted to try clothing on before buying it.
No, I'd rather not drive that far or go to that huge place.
So, as bras were what I needed, that's what I wanted.
And guess what?
I found a cache of them that were only half-price!
But then I found two that I really liked.
Which one should I choose, "Swirl" or the "Vivid Ditzy"?
Well, they were both on sale...
and with my extra bday64 discount, they'd only be about eight dollars each...
and my current bras had broken wires and holes...
so, I allowed them to treat me to both!
I'm looking forward to getting them next week!
(smile!)
I finished off the task list by doing a bit of grocery shopping.
Food Lion was the closest, and they had my lactose-free milk in stock - hooray!
They even had asparagus and cherries on sale - double hooray!
In fact, I was able to get all I needed and have hardly anyone there.
I guess everyone else is waiting for the weekend to buy groceries.
Ah, one of the perks of being retired!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Well, drats, and double drats.

The bras finally arrived today... and they don't fit.

Drats.

That means I'll have to ride out to Pooler, to the Tanger Outlets, to access the closest physical store of Lane Bryant.

Drats, and double drats.

Maybe I'll do so on Monday, after I get done with the heart doc.