Monday, May 9, 2022

zooming in late for b-i-n-g-ohhh!

I was so distracted by the felling of the Bradley pear that I overlooked the post-it on the kitchen cabinet while I was making some po' girl ceviche for dinner.
By the time it caught my eye, I'd already missed the first three games of BINGO with the KC Crew!
The red, green, and blue games were done and Audrey was calling numbers for the butterscotch round while Grant hovered in the background, marking their master board and waiting for a trivia number to come up so he'd see a bit of action.
Just a few minutes after I joined the play, "bingo" was called in the chat bar, so that round was done.
That's all fine.
 
The fuchsia round was next and this time I was exactly where I needed to be!
How did I know?
I won the first trivia question!
It was an early one, too, so I just took a wild guess and claimed N-44 as the "bonus number" that I alone would get to mark.
And just what was that bit of trivia lobbed out there?
"Which planet is closest to Earth?"
You'd be surprised how many folks thought for sure it was Mars.
After all, that's the planet we're going to send rockets to and we're gearing up to populate one day, right?
But I knew the correct answer was "Venus".
So, why aren't we sending our rockets in its direction?
Well, as I explained to the other sixty or so players, exploratory probes have revealed that Venus has a thick, murky, poisonous atmosphere that would eat us alive, should the rocket be able to safely land.
Mars, on the other hand, has a thin atmosphere that doesn't contain caustic  substances, so we frail humans will have a chance to survive.
Speaking of survival, my board served me well for this round, allowing me to reach "Uno!" before someone else called "bingo".
That was the best game I had, too.
I'm so very glad I finally realized what day it was!
Right place, right time, for fun!
(smile!)

No comments: