Sunday, May 29, 2022

how i spent my 64th birthday, by faustina

First, I listened to The Beatles' "When I'm 64", as I started the coffee brewing.
I could have popped in the cd that Michael and his girls gave me for Christmas, but that would have taken too long to cue up.
Far easier to turn on the computer and pop out for a beachwalk!
Hey, remember, I hadn't yet had coffee!
(smile!)
I even had a second listen to the tune with my first sip of that aromatic decaf... aaaahhh!
There's magic in that!
Next, I set about freeing up some ice cream.
One thing about ice cream made with coconut milk: it's very, very hard.
I had to stop for another swig of coffee, reveling in the "you were born to dance" message - blessed to have had that marking my way on so many travels up and down I-95!
Eventually I had 1 1/2 cups of Peanut Buttery Cocoa Chip in the bowl - hooray!
Added to that was two slices of lemon cake!
Cake and ice cream for breakfast!!!
Plus, two slices of Canadian bacon to amp up the protein count from 14 grams to 21 grams.
The fiber was already to the good: 12 grams from the ice cream!!!
Oh, yeah, that works with my new meal plan!
(smile!)
Smitty and Mary called to wish me "Happy birthday!" while "CBS Sunday Morning" was on and we had a good chat!
Then they rang off, but not before I told them about "Teen Kids News", the only other news program I watch.
They'll be sharing that, and its driving tips, with their grandkids!
 
Then it was off to Asbury Memorial Church!
I hadn't planned to go, but Rev. Billy - you know, my stepsister's husband's cousin! - had written that it was to be free of gun talk today... and it was!
It was about singing praises, even in times of hardship!
He and the choir leader had reworked the lyrics of "Hallelujah" to tell the story of Paul and Silas in prison.
That song always brings to mind Jeff Buckley's version - nice!
And we all sang one of my favorites: "Trees Of The Field"!
So many people there gave me bday64 greetings!
(smile!)
 
Paul and Cathy had texted while I was there, but before I could call them back, someone else called, no doubt conjured by that thought of one of his favorite singers.
I speak of Jeff, of course!
He and Amy were about to go out for a boat ride with friends, but bday64 came first!
 
That call ended just as Savannah VOICE's "Opera Idol" was beginning!
I whipped up a BIG tuna salad, with garlic-basil vinaigrette - Elaine would have loved it! - and settled in for this free treat.
I had thought it was just to be performances by the four scholarship contestants... but, delightfully, I was wrong!
It was actually a special Master Class with Sherrill Milnes, the purpose of which was to see which potential student was best at utilizing his tips.
What a smart approach!
Each had a vocal piece that they presented, but then the opera professional gave them pointers (for the next fifteen minutes or so) to make it truly the polished work they already thought they had, with them incorporating the changes along the lesson and, at the end, performing the piece in its entirety again.
Congratulations to Sydney Fabregas for her win!
Thanks, too, for singing tips I can use!
(smile!)
During the show, youngest brother Tony came by with Laura to sing to me!
"Star Wars" trivets in tow, as well as a very funny card (about using candle wax for my "mustache and legs" - lol! I have chin whiskers, not lip fuzz!), plus a gift card for groceries - what a fabulous treat!
And I'll be treated to their company again at the cookout at their house!
(smile!)
Then the bf texted with birthday greetings! I'll see him on Tuesday for a movie!
And Christina texted with greetings! I'll see my first niece on Wednesday in Hinesville... and it will be for a very rare, just-her, visit!
And Barbara texted! And Sandy texted! And Carolyn texted! Todos de mi tres amigas!
Then Chuck Eyler called! Remember, he was the one I'd so enjoyed talking to during the ZOOM coffee hours that AMC held. What a pleasant surprise!
Finally, Paul and Cathy of California called! As a rare treat, they each talked to me for over thirty minutes each! He regaled me with the tale of his Death Valley camping trip in April and she extolled the travails of travel in New Jersey in early May. What a special treat!
(smile!)
Then, time to wind down with a movie!
Nothing like a Christmas-themed flick to brighten the heart for me!
Even better, Michael Gross was in this one, too.
He'd played a cantankerous old landlord in 2012's "12 Wishes Of Christmas", viewed for breakfast yesterday.
In the 2018 "Christmas At Rosemont", he was a mild-mannered country doctor.
Both movies were delights that I will gladly watch again!
And afterward, Jeff's cousin Michelle texted with birthday greetings! Like everyone else, she was elated that I'd had my cake and ice cream for breakfast!
(smile!)
What a thoroughly wonderful day this has been!
Leisurely and filled with love and laughter!
Now, I'm in fb to respond to greetings left there, and I hope I'll finish in time to end my day with the usual two episodes of "The Big Bang Theory".
Again, what a thoroughly wonderful day this has been!
i thank You, God, that I am 64!!!
(smile!)

5 comments:

faustina said...

Birthday greetings left on facebook for me!
Bear in mind: last year the only ones were from people who knew me well, as I had made my birthday64-1 invisible to everyone there.
I made sure to correct that by the middle of May, then I even left hints for two days running that it was bday64 this time!!!
Folks responded beautifully!
<3

Here are the first twenty!
*****

Christina Smith was with Faustina Smith.
(with four photos)
Happy birthday to my favorite aunt! I love you!

Matthew Mcewen
Happy Birthday hope you have a great day !

Karin Watson
Happy Birthday GIF

Trena Dickerson Rozenbeck
Happy Birthday

Matthew Smith
Happy birthday Faustina Smith .

Marcia Ford
Happy Birthday πŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽ‚

Tiffany DeOnnie
Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰♥️

Carmen Dickerson
Happy birthday Faustian! πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸ’πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ŽπŸŒ»πŸ₯°

Venita Johnson
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Linda L. Walker
Happy birthday Tina. I took your Mom to the hospital and called the base where
your Dad was stationed. It was early evening and he had gone skating with friends.
They left a note on his bed. What an exciting time for all of us.
Christina Smith
Linda L. Walker thank you for sharing that story. I never heard it before.

*****1

Lynn Engler
Happy Birthday Tina!

Robin Ritenour Jenkins was 'with' Faustina Smith.
(with two photos)
Happy birthday Tina!!! Hope you enjoy your amazing day!!! ❤❤

Nancy Heidt
Happy BirthdayπŸŽ‚

Jay Sinclair
Who's a Birthday Girl?
You're a Birthday Girl!

Yvonne Pizzo Roach
Happy birthday!
Any ideas for another ladies gathering?

Hallie Henry Allgood
Happy birthday! Hope your day is filled with lots of fun and laughter!

Pamela C. Gordon
Hope you have a great day!
Happy birthday!

Linda Combs
Hope you had a great birthday.πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Bunny Jones Roberts
Happy Birthday Tina! ❤️❤️❤️

Kathy Landers Schaal
Happy Birthday!!

*****2

faustina said...

Here are greetings 21 through 40 on fb!
*****

Lynn Lee
I normally don’t do Facebook birthdays but you’re special! Happy Birthday!!!

Danny Beam
Happy birthday

Axelle Kieffer
Happy Birthday!

Monica McDermott
Tina, I hope you are having a lovely time! Happy birthday!!!!!

Joe Guy
If this is really your birthday, happy day! I remember FB had the date wrong once, now I'm forever confused 🀣

Brenda Sheppard Mattingly
Happy Birthday, Tina!

Cathy MacGowan
Happy “Beatles”birthday!πŸΎπŸŽ‰

Helga Moore
Happy Birthday!!πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ

Stephen S Gerard
Happy birthday and many more Tina. We won first two games. Last night was mobbed with fans.

Barbara Namkoong Gooby
(a new photo of a flamingo walking on the beach)
Happy Birthday!

*****3

Kathy Hodges
Happy birthday πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽˆTina

Damon Smith
πŸ₯³ Happy Birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ

Marcia Ford
Happy Birthday, Girl.
Love you

Robbie Rush
Happy Birthday Cuz!
I hope you have a
Wonderful Day!

Karen Halloran
Happy Birthday
Faustina!

Lorretta Ruggiero
Happy Birthday!

Donna Howard
Happy Birthday to you!❤️❤️❤️

Bob Bueling
Happy Birthday Tina!!!

Christine Adams
Wish you a Happy Birth

Julie Shead
Happy birthday to you

*****4

faustina said...

Are you ready for this?
Here are bday64 greetings 41 through 60 on fb!
*****


Barbara Lackey-Beam
Happy birthday!

Mark Rand
Happy birthday, Tina!!

Susan Morgan
πŸŽΌπŸŽ‚πŸ§πŸŽΆ
Happy Birthday to you πŸŽΌπŸŽ‚πŸ§πŸŽΆ

Sue Kosokowsky
Cheers ☕️πŸŽ‚

Katelyn Rochon
Happy Birthday Chihuahua

Frank Dinan·
Happy Birthday, Tina !
Hope you are well on your special day.
Do something crazy !

David Poole
Happy Birthday!!! Have a blast!

Bonnie Smith
Have a great day. Love you. — feeling hopeful.

Barbara
Hope you have a GREAT Birthday. God bless my only brother's only daugther!
Love, Aunt Barbara!

Susan Carlile
Happy Birthday Tina ! πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸ’š

*****5

William Peterson
Wishing you a WONDERFUL Birthday!!!

Shavon Peacock
Have a wonderful birthday today Tina!

Eric G. Mitchell
Happy Birthday!!

Rachelle Smith
Happy Birthday!!! πŸŽŠπŸŽ‚

Rhonda S. Curby
I hope your day is as amazing as you are!

Constance Diana Carter
Happy Birthday!

Deatre Nicole Boyles Denion
πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³
Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³

Jackie Frant
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Make it a great one!

Wally Murphy
Happy birthday Faustina

Gary Anderson
Happy Birthday!

*****6

faustina said...

There's more?!?!
You betcha!
Here are the fb greetings 61 through 80!
*****

Sherry Moore
Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰!! Hope your day is filled with laughter, family, love, and cake! ❤

Jenna Davidson
Happy Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a fabulous day and hoping to see you soon! I love you!!❤️

Fae Hill Kameron
Happy 64th Tina! May your day be filled with joy and the coming year with many blessings.

Christy Ward-Parker
Happy Birthday we love you. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Tammy Oostlander
Happy birthday Tina

Laura Smith
Happy birthday sister! Hope you're day is a great one!! Love you.

Tony E Smith
Happy Happy Birthday to my most favorite sister, I hope you have a really great day and may this year be one of your best ever!!
Love you lots
Tina

Blane Tatum
Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈 🎁

Emily Barry Blackmon
Happy Birthday!!! Love you!

Christian Grunow
Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽ

*****7

Sarah Logan-Reynolds
Happy birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

Zachary Smith
Happy Birthday

Jenny Prouty
Happy Birthday!

Melinda McEwen
Happy Birthday Tina
Hope your day is awesome.
Love ya

Bonnie Clark
Happy Birthday to you!

Dianna DiBenedetto
Happy Birthday πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚

Dana Greer
Happy (early) birthday!

Bob Wiley
Happy birthday kiddo

Genie Brazzeal Lawson
Happy birthday!!!

D Scott Kimball
Happy Birthday
Can’t wait for us to go to a ball game ⚾️

*****8

faustina said...

Finally at the end of the well-wishers of fb!
Is it 100?!?!
Almost!
It's 99!!!
And that doesn't include phone calls and birthday cards in the mail!
So blessed to be so loved!
*****

Susan Small Daggett
Hippo Birdy Two Ewe!!

Tara Kelly
Happy Birthday!!!!

Beth Harn-Via
happy birthday!

Jo Coleman-Williams
Happy Birthday to yooooou

Christopher Jean Soucy
Happy birthday!!

JinHi Soucy Rand
A belated happy birthday, Tina! ❤️

Margaret Clay
Sounds like a perfect birthday breakfast! Happy birthday, Tina!

Brooke McArthur
Happy birthday!

Lindsay McCord Norman
Happy BirthdayπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚, Tina!!!!

Martin Johnson
Happy Birthday, have a great day!!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

*****9

Danielle Houston
Happy Birthday Tina!!πŸŽ‚

Cindy LaCount Pinion
I'm a little behind!
Happy belated birthday!

Penny Walker Bos
Belated message sending lots of love and and a big long hug, on both sides, so our hearts can talk! Wishing you more laughter and love than ever before! This GIF reminds me of you: Blue sky, cloud jumping and smiling ... making the most out life! I love you!

Chris Gooby
Belated happy birthday!

Carolyn Maggi
Happy Birthday… we all knew you could do it, and do it in style πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚πŸ˜Ž❤️

Kristin Stout Doula-Librarian
Hope you had a happy birthday! Miss you!

Jennifer Cohen Incorvaia
Happy Birthday🌺

Amy D. Jenkins
Happy Belated Birthday, Tina! I hope you had a wonderful day! πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‰

Christopher Kopek
Happy birthday!!