Sunday, May 1, 2022

nice start for me and my heart!

I just love the way in which the merry month of May is beginning!
Sure, I missed church, yet again, but that may have had more people than I cared to be around.
Asbury Memorial Church was to have communion as well as its first BIG Coffee Hour... so, no, but thanks.
I had opted for the other AMC - that would be the cinema, of course!
"Memory", with Liam Neeson, is new there and I liked the premise of an aging hit man.
Very good movie it was, with an excellent ending!
And when I returned to my car, an excellent odometer reading was awaiting me as i headed for dinner:
- 2 2 2 8 0 0 -
fabulous!
 
And just where was dinner to be?
Well, I had remembered to bring along the egift card from my blue-sky Penny...
so that's where I went!
I had thought about getting it "to go", but I was one of four diners there for a Sunday dinner, so I stayed.
What a treat!
I sat by the front window, looking at the clouds rolling in and the trees swaying in the freshening breeze, listening to the tunes there in the restaurant.
The Wild Salmon half-sandwich was excellent, as always, and the Fire Roasted Tortilla Soup paired nicely as a dipping sauce for the steamed vegetables - all in all, a very satisfying Manager's Special for me.
Many thanks, dear cousin Penny!
In my mind, you were right there with me, dear!
Right time, right place, all day for me...
i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Great googly moogly!
Here it is, nearly the end of the month of May...
and I've barely driven 200 miles.

I miss traveling.

I miss being able to drive on highways.

That needs to change.