Monday, August 22, 2022

22 August 22

Even my odometer wanted in on this action!

Plenty of two's and multiples of two!

2 2 4 4 4 2

What a nice coincidence!

I noticed the mileage when I stopped for gas between my kid-flick double feature.

The first was yet another viewing of "Minions: The Rise Of Gru" - I really enjoy this time machine back to my senior year in high school!

I had a bit of time on my hands after, so that's when I got gas.

Good thing I wasn't in a hurry!

It took my thirty minutes, and two trips to the clerk at the pumps and one trip to the Customer Service counter, to get a receipt from that Walmart pump.

Hey, it slowed me down enough to notice my odometer reading and make me realize I was hungry, so that was good.

Right time, right place, after all.

Off to El Potro for three Tacos De Pollo, using every bit of that spicy sauce and every drop of lime juice!

Gorgeous, aren't they?

And absolutely delicious, too.

(smile!)

The second film was an oldie, but a goodie, out for its 40th anniversary.

Boo had even joined me for it, and we had the screening room almost to ourselves.

She had never seen "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" on the silver screen - imagine that!

And guess what?

The two movies had something in common: "Phone home"!

For real!

When Wild Knuckles had kidnapped Gru, he made the 11 3/4 year old boy phone home for a ransom, but Kevin The Minion intercepted the message and gathered Stuart and Bob, and Otto, for a rescue mission.

That scene was pretty funny, as it involved a rotary phone.

Hey, that's what there was in 1976!

I know; I was there then!

(smile!)

And everyone knows about the little alien trying to get a message to his family by building an intergalactic phone from a turntable, a fork, and an umbrella, which is pretty incredible.

After the movie, we walked out to rain - no gabfest in the parking lot this time!

That was good for me... I had missed a call from Central Casting.

I had been waiting and hoping since 2018 for this opportunity!

And just what was that call about?

Well, in the words of Johnny Russell:

they're going to put me in the movies,

they're gonna make a big star out of me...

and all I gotta do is, act naturally!

Seriously!!!

And they want my car, too!!!

Seriously!!! 

I think they mostly want my little fish-face, but we're a package deal!

(smile!)

Now, I need to raid my closet for clothes that meet the specifications for "Pedestrian, with auto" and make sure I have everything all packed and ready for the morning.

Call time is 7 AM... and being late is not an option!

Off to break legs for the next two days!

(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

I had stayed up to watch the 10 PM showing of "The X-Files".
Why?
Well, the episode was called "Sunshine Day" and I like that.
(smile!)
I also like what it was about and who was in it.
David Faustino - aka Bud from "Married With Children" - had a friend drag him to this house that was a recreation of "The Brady Bunch", on the inside.
Not on the outside, but tucked into every inch inside, courtesy of the mental abilities of a fellow that was family-deprived.
Very cool premise... and the timing is fabulous!
Right place, right time!

faustina said...

I am finally reading the June/July 2022 issue of AARP The Magazine.
It's full of interviews with folks about what country music means to them.
Amazingly, one of those people was Ringo Starr!!!
Apparently, Liverpool is known as "the country music capital of England".
So he says in the piece!!!
And why does he like country music.
Because he's a really emotional guy and that music is full of emotion.
But here's the part I like best, in his own words.

"In the Beatles days, I had to find songs to sing because I wasn't writing songs in the beginning. How great is "Act Naturally"? Buck Owens did it, I did it, and then we did it together in 1989. Buck was rock-country. He was a forward guy. I just love that song."

Me, too.
(smile!)