Monday, August 1, 2022

so, M says to R...

I was so frustrated and angry yesterday with that bunch of girls I hang out with.
They went off to see "GWTW" at the Lucas, then we were to all meet for dinner.
Nope.
I had told them, in writing (email), that I was going to the Jepson instead of the 1939 movie, but looked forward to seeing them at the unspecified restaurant.
Then I spent almost three hours at the museum, as a delayed bday64 gift to myself.
Bliss!
The Jepson closed at 5 PM, but I stayed downtown, outside in the mid-90's summer heat, waiting for an hour until their 4-hour movie was done.
Then I sent texts out to Cooter and Boo for the dining destination.
No reply.

After waiting another 40 minutes, I left for home.
Neither contacted me until almost 8:30 PM.
Seriously.
Both of them blamed Christa for the communication breakdown.
Seriously.
And what popped into my head?
This scene from "Warm Bodies".
M and some of the other airport zombies had headed for the city to warn about the invasion of the Bonies.
Seeing how forlorn R was when they met up with him, M put a hand on his friend's shoulder and asked, "Are you okay?"
R shook his head and replied, "Julie went home."
"Bitches, man", M said.
Indeed.
"Bitches", I agreed.
And suddenly I wanted nothing more so than to see this movie again.
Comcast actually had it available On Demand!
Next, I claimed the Xfinity Reward of $1 Movie Night, using it to offset the $3.99 rental fee.
This morning, I pulled up the movie I so loved and had it with breakfast.
My zombie coffee mug from Dave & Buster's set the right tone for the meal.
Plus, the meaty red flesh of the plumcot made it the perfect dessert...
bwah ha ha.
Yes, I realize that zombies don't say that, vampires do.
However, "argghh arrrgghhh aarrgghh" doesn't have the same panache.
It also could be confused with something a pirate might say.
(smile)
 
By the time the movie was done, I was back to being me again.
That's thanks, in part, to the frequent images of hand-holding.
The first was with these two zombified children, out on the tarmac.
R was keeping Julie entertained by letting her drive a car out there.
Later, R takes Julie's hand in the garage, to keep her safe, in front of M and other zombies.
That sparks the need for touch in those zombies, the start of them dreaming, and the realization that they are changing. 

"Keep you safe."
That was a bit of a mantra for R.
He said it to Julie after killing her boyfriend and smearing her with blood (and pocketing his watch and brains for later), to protect her from the other zombies who had come for the hunt.
He said it to her after settling her in his plane, to get her to stay there.
And he said it for the last time before this scene.
The Bonies had them trapped between their rapacious appetite and a multistory drop through thin air to certain death.
R had faced Julie, said the words, and clutched her to his chest...
as he fell backwards into the nothingness...
making sure his body took the impact to the surface.
Wow.
My therapy session was done before the walls came crumbling down.
That's thanks in large part to the soundtrack.
R had used the old albums to serve as a surrogate heartbeat, but it did keep up his knowledge of words along the way.
Several times, he couldn't say what he wanted to Julie, but he would cue up a song and let the music speak for him.
"Missing You"...
"Patience"...
"Shelter From The Storm"...
"Hungry Heart".
Yeah, that's exactly what I needed to remind me...
I'm still hopeful, too.

1 comment:

faustina said...

I'm not sure just what has happened, but I'm not being included in Tuesday drives to Pooler, for Bollywood films or any other type.

Strange, right?

I'm the one who originated these field trips for movies!

Why am I not included?

Well, ever since I had my heart surgeries this year, they've pulled back, especially Boo and Cooter.

It just shows you who your friends are, I guess.