Thursday, August 4, 2022

watching x-files with the ex on

This is from Tuesday, with him starting the textversation.

* * *

"X Cops is on at 9:00!"

I know, looking forward to it!

* * * 

"No, you go with someone else." Sculley is so take charge!  :-)

"Protecting Mulder from himself. This episode is so well written."

Yeah, it's a great crossover episode. Love this couple! (The over-the-top gay duo)

"And Mulder is mugging it up for the camera in the back seat!"

Lol!

"Like the blurring."

Keeping it real...

"I'm glad that, for this episode at least, they're respecting the integrity of the original breaks for commercial. Those special visual bumpers would be ruined otherwise."

Actually, the x-files does pretty well about ad breaks.

"Really? I normally see a lot of fades to black, followed by another few minutes of the episode, then sudden cuts to commercial."

Back to the Gorme household! 'Steve and Edie'!

"See how they just got out of that scene?"

Yes, but that felt like a natural break to me.

"It could have been, but we'll see if they cut back in just as quickly."

"I hope they show 'Sleepless' sometime soon, preferably at 9:00."

Oh, yeah, perfect for your bedtime show. Lol. Yeah. 'Good night.'

* * *

'Cowboy up!' Love his pep talk!

"Seems to me Bledsoe had used that phrase earlier. That's why Mulder repeated it back to him."

That's what makes it so perfect!

"I was just thinking. The real Cops would probably never show an episode where so many people died. Funny, huh?"

Well, you have to consider he audience and what they believe. Those who watch 'cops' think it's real, not so for Mulder's fans.

"Yeah, and I guess the total fiction of this episode make the deaths easier to swallow."

Really good movie about perception and Texas right now. 'Vengeance.' Ashton K has the best role of his life and its completely straight.

"Huh. Whooda thunk."

Right? Best role of his life. Guess he's all grown up. He is 44 now.

"F*ck. All grown up."

For real. I hardly recognized him. Great movie.

* * * * *

This is from tonight, with my text starting things off.

* * *

The Kathy Griffin episode is at 9. Then the one with the genie and the rednecks!

"KG I don't remember. Genie yes. Rednecks...'Ho me'? I remember the genie episode had Will Sasso!"

"I really don't remember this episode."

* * *

Did you enjoy the Kathy Griffin episode? I recall you liked her comedy.

"I fell asleep for the last 15 minutes! But I did get to see most of the genie episode."

"I fell asleep just as the wrestling match was about to begin."

Then you will want to see it again. Gets pretty lively!

The genie episode is a favorite! I always thought wishes needed to be specific. Otherwise, just look how mangled they could end up!

"I'm sure that was always the object lesson in the parables."

Most def.

* * * * *

So nice to know he's watching these shows, too.

I'm watching X-files with the lights on, of course.

(smile!)

No comments: