Tuesday, August 16, 2022

so nice to have my very own pillow again!

Ah, yes, nothing like travel to make one more appreciative of what one has.
 
Last night, it was wonderful to sleep in my very own bed again, with my head resting upon my very own pillow - bliss!
As I was riding the elevator yesterday morning with my travel bag, I was with three others.
Two were a couple, and the third was a single man heading for the beach.
The wife looked at her husband and said how she wished they could stay forever.
I spoke up and said how much I was looking forward to sleeping on my own pillow.
That got their attention.
Then I added, "When I travel, I go through every pillow in the place until I find the one that's closest to mine."
Hahahaha hahaha!
We all had a nice laugh about that.
Then we parted ways in the lobby, with them smiling and wishing me safe travels.
Very nice!

Last night, I went to bed with the hum of the fan in my bedroom - yes!
I didn't miss the lack of air conditioning, not one bit.
I didn't miss the sound of the noisy neighbors at DBR, either.
The walls there are so thin that sound echoes from the hall straight into the condo.
The fan in my bedroom is a white noise master, casting a blanket of silence over any sounds from without my house.
What a relief!

This morning, it was wonderful to have coffee in my very own mug, brewed in my very own Mr. Coffee pot.
The suite didn't have decaf, so I went without java.
How nice to smell that "time to wake up!" aroma wafting through the house!
Ah, yes... it's like magic!

This morning, I made an omelet, in my very own frying pan, with my very own spatula.
Sounds like such a simple thing, doesn't it?
But the 'vacation home' condos rarely have any decent cookware.
The spatulas are too short or too unwieldy; the pans are too small, if they are there.
So, to cook a three-egg omelet, dressed with cheddar, was a treat today.
Fabulous!

This morning, I watched "The Sandlot" on my very own television, because I could.
In the condo, the TV did not have a channel guide to let me know what was on and what was coming up.
The condo had a plastic-coated sheet that listed the channels available, but it was hunt and peck trying to find something I wanted to watch.
I don't have that issue here.
Comcast has a channel guide so I can determine what I want to watch.
And, as I did not want to deal with 'mercials on this first morning back, Comcast had the movies it had given to me, movies I can watch over and over.
For-ev-er...
for-ev-er...
for-ev-er.
(smile!)
I guess that's an inside joke between me and Squints.
(smile!!)
Hey, just watch the movie...
neighborhood baseball like it was when I was a kid!
(smile!

Now, what to do with the rest of my day?
Whatever I want!
Yes!
(smile!)

No comments: