Monday, August 8, 2022

boom shah kah lah kah!

Hey, I just couldn't resist myself!

Tonight, I had dinner and a movie - not in that order - with... Sandy!

Just me and her.

No Barbara or Carolyn.

So you know what that meant, right?

Sandy talked!!!

She's rather soft spoken, which means she usually goes unheard over the nonstop babble of mi other two amigas.

That's a shame, because Sandy has something to say, and it's well-thought.

I'm so glad she joined me, first for "Nope", then at Chili's for two hours afterward!

That was right place, right time, as this odometer reading of 2 2 3 8 3 8 confirms!

That's when I was parked back in my own driveway again.

No, that mileage reading isn't a palindrome or anything of that nature, but ya gotta admit that it is kinda sorta cool, right?

And look at these gorgeous brake lights!

How wonderful they are!

I do hope folks driving behind me appreciate them!

And, hey, guess what else on this 8th day of the 8th month?

I completed my A*List trio with this fourth viewing of "Nope"!

Sandy very much liked it, too, and agreed that it definitely was not horror.

She has zero affinity for that genre, so it meant a lot that she confirmed that the movie with the horse named "Lucky" was definitely science fiction and definitely good!

The other two movies seen at AMC were "Easter Sunday" (seen solo on Friday and talked about with Alicia, Tom, Jenny, and Fred at the cinema) and "Bullet Train" (which I wrote about a couple of days ago).

So, again, two new movies and a "Nope"!

And look what I have now!

It's the King of Rock'n'Roll in "Viva Las Vegas"!

My, oh, my, Las Vegas was such a different-looking place back in 1964.

So much less glitz and a lot more desert.

But I do love this musical, with lots of burlesque and a 23-year-old Ann-Margret, and have seen it several times.

And what is the name of the race car driver that the 29-year-old Elvis was playing?

Lucky!

So, I got "lucky" twice today!

Hahahaha! Hahaha!

(smile!)

No comments: